$50 Super Charger (the strange red button explained)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: $50 Super Charger (the strange red button explained)

Attwood Marine - Turbo Blowers, Engine Ventilation

This may help!

Very interesting project please keep us informed.
    Last edited by lewis; 04-16-2010 at 05:21 PM.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Here is a shot of the new element, the original filter (stock) would not allow enough airflow, so a Fram cartridge was adapted to fit. The original top cover plate was used but may be cut down for a more finished look, after my final layout is decided on. As you can see, this rig stands considerably taller than the stock system, and could very easily be knocked off by a low hanging limb or vine, nothing a couple of 90s can't fix.

I asked a neighbor what kind of performance these things give on auto engines and he said "you will see little to nothing on the low end, mid to top is where you will see the change( exactly what i'm seeing). The way they work you have to get things breathing (moving) to see any gain." He also cautioned about going too far and leaning out, burning holes...

any updates?

Woke up saturday and for some reason my back was mad at me and didn't want to play with anything other than a chair. It got MAD everytime I stood up, or tried to walk. Finally late Sunday after about 27000 mg of ibuprofen I was able to get loaded up to do some tests. Got a 100 yard course layed off and made 1 run, but my time keeper got over excited and cleared the time for that run, so we made a run back from that end: 100 yds from a dead start-13.78 seconds w/no boost so-so. Got lined up to do the second run- hit the throttle and nothing- the end pulled off the cable at the throttle, to the shop resolder the end on- get back, get it on just in time for the rain to hit Dang!! Honey-do this evening- Her family reunion here next Saturday morning probably won't get to do much with it before next Sunday. But I'll keep ya updated if I do.

Hey Mike do you think we could get a fryicus smilie, you know: like the musicus but with a frying pan, just kidding Honey (she's lookin over my shoulder)

Well this is close, sort of.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

EXACTLY!!!

another cheap alternative. Well not so cheap. smog pumps are readily available at your local junkyard.
    Attached Images

So any updates on this??

That's weird, haven't been on site for a while and decided to check things out and... Well, no new real info at this point. Haven't taken the time to mess with it, what with work, fishing and just general SOMA(Sittin' On My A--). Will say that the timed tire drags are not a reliable test though... seems that the tire tends to fill with debris and dirt, which adds weight, which gives varying results.

Use a piece of conveyor belt under the tyre that way you can even add extra weight if you want you and it should stay the same.

+ Reply to Thread