what would be the most significant advancement in 6X6 or 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: what would be the most significant advancement in 6X6s or 8x8s

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • get rid of the sore back with factory suspension

28 45.16%
  • get rid of the chains and sprockets with factory shaft drive

26 41.94%
  • none, they are fine the way they are

8 12.90%
  • other , please explain

8 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: what would be the most significant advancement in 6X6 or 8x8

I voted "other": Electric drive, independent wheel motors with full suspension No chains, no gas, no oil. Won't happen, until I build one of course

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    I voted "other": Electric drive, independent wheel motors with full suspension No chains, no gas, no oil. Won't happen, until I build one of course
    Hey JRP3,
    Where you been? Have seen you in a while.
    Would an independent wheel motor be mounted in the hub? If so, on a springer you wouldnt have any driveline angles to worry about and you could really increase your wheel travel with a smaller A-Arm and stay narrow! Very interesting concept!!!

Been busy working on my electric Fiero conversion, which is up and running, taking me to work every day
    Yeah the wheel motors would be the wheel itself, there is a guy making them for motorcycles and he thinks he can make them waterproof for this application. No real technical hurdles to doing it, just time, and money of course.

so does anyone that hangs here have a machine shop with a CNC milling machine to make prototype suspension that ive designed ?? i dont have the final dimensions yet but all that will come as machining and milling starts
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Mine holds 6 people yet only has 2 cup holders. WTF Argo?

+ Reply to Thread