6x6 Racing at Ashtabula, Ohio June 18-20, 2010

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing at Ashtabula, Ohio June 18-20, 2010

6x6 Racing at Ashtabula, Ohio June 18-20, 2010

The race is over and the results are in. Check this thread for video and more: 6x6 Racing Results 2010

(The original "planning" thread is located below for record)

6x6 ATV racing is back for the second year in a row!

Thanks to Bud Fischer of Fischer Cycle and Alan & Bridget Will of Apache Gear Inc. the weekend of June 19th at Pine Lake raceway in Ashtabula, Ohio will be one event that you will never forget. But don't take my word for it, just check out the pictures and videos from last year: Six Wheeler Racing in 2009

When
    June 18-20, 2010
    Friday-Sunday

These are the official dates but just like last year Bud has graciously offered to open the gates to us even earlier. He said that you can show up any time that week to camp and still only pay for the weekend. I have added the race to our calendar here: 6x6 Racing at Pine Lake Click on "Request Reminder for this Event" in the lower right to receive an email reminder anytime before the race.

Where
    The Pine Lake racetrack in Ashtabula, OH. USA
    Here is a link to the track on Google: Pine Lake
    The address associated with it is 3706 Maple Road in Kingsville Ohio

Note: If your GPS or online mapping software doesn't recognize that road use this address for directions: 2488 Plymouth Gageville Rd Ashtabula, OH 44004 That will take you right to Maple Road. Turn on Maple Road and the track should be down on the left.

How Much
    Just like last year, Bud has been very gracious with his pricing:
    $35 per person for the entire weekend including primitive camping.
    $15 per person (per day) if you just want to come watch. So if you show up Sunday to watch the finals you just pay $15 to get in.
    $20 per person to enter a class for racing. Most of this money is going towards trophies / plaques.

Classes
    Bud is being very lenient on the classes this year and said he would set up the classes the weekend of the race. They will depend on the number of people that show up. Tentatively, with a good turnout the classes will be:

Juniors
    Powder Puff
    Four Stroke Stock
    Four Stroke Modified
    Two Stroke Stock
    Two Stroke Modified
    Over 50 class
    And compliments of Whipper and Bridget we may have an "I'm all in" class or as we call it in the South, "Run whatcha Brung"

Schedule
    Friday - Test and Tune - Tentatively Bud will allow us on the track at lower speeds to get a feel for the layout
    Saturday - Heat races
    Sunday - Finals
    Note: Even though heat races are held on Saturday, nobody will be eliminated so that everyone can participate in the finals on Sunday if you can handle it

Other Events
    Like last year Bud will have plenty of other things to do when you aren't racing:
    -Trails to ride on
    -Mud bog
    -Bigger and better obstacle course
    -He is damming up the creek to give us some more water to play in
    -He has built a ramp for easy access to the front pond. He will also have a boat their for safety.

Safety
    This year safety requirements are a little more stringent but still pretty simple. You will need:
    -At least a 3 point cage
    -Seat belts with shoulder harnesses
    -Helmets

Places to Stay
    There is primitive camping allowed at the track. Like last year Bud will have toilets available for everyone to use as well.
    If you don't want to camp at the track there are several choices of hotels close by in either Ashtabula, Ohio or Kingsville, Ohio. Here are four that are close to the track:
    Holiday Inn Express
    Hampton Inn
    Sleep Inn
    Days Inn

Thank You
    Bud Fischer - We owe you a HUGE thank you for doing this again. You spend countless hours on this event just so that we can have a great time.
    Whipper and Bridget - Thank you for organizing this event with Bud and for sponsoring the race! You guys rock!
    6x6 World members - Thank you for your enthusiasm and participation. Let's make this year twice as big as last year!

Support our Sponsors
    Please help support the people that make this event possible because without them 6x6 Racing would be something of the past that many of us would have never gotten to experience:

Fischer Cycle Sales
    2907 North Bend Road
    Ashtabula, oh 44004-9796
    (440) 997-4166

Apache Gear, Inc.
    5220 West Luke Avenue
    Glendale, AZ 85301-6052
    (623) 934-7144
    Last edited by Mike; 06-20-2010 at 05:10 PM.

I deleted the other thread to start this one with all of the hotel info, directions, etc. I will also post it on the front page soon. Anyone that can make it, do not hesitate to go. You will be glad that you did. It sounds like it is going to be even more of an amazing event this year and there should be some good competition too.

Here is the list of people that have committed to attending so far. If you are coming too please copy the list and add your name to it:

1) JPSwift1 and Dad
    2) Joe M
    3) George and George
    4) Larry and Larry
    5) thebuggyman aka Jim
    6) JoeMeg,Lynn and Andy
    7) Lewis and Peggy
    8) Jerseybigfoot
    9) mark m.
    10) hydromike and GeoJem
    11)Racerone3 & Racerone3sgirl
    12) mad_max_500cc and family
    13) Plumcrazy aka Ed
    14) broncofiresmith
    15) The Gerber Family and pit crew
    16) buckhntr17 (and maybe son)
    17) Mike and Jeff (Tru-way machines)
    18)Joe H
    19)Don and boys
    20)Whipper
    21)Model Citizen
    22)Country Bumpkin
    23)Bumpkin II
    24)Toys4me aka Mike

This event is sneaking up on us! Time to get focused!
    Cant wait to watch the races and talk to the folks!
    I'm also pretty excited to see the extras and improvements over last year!!!(mud bog, pond, etc....)

is the cage helmet and belt rule for racing only or all trails water & mud???

That is for racing only.

Watch the races, Larry? C'mon, we've seen your work: you could build an awesome racer. Time to get busy!

B'hunt: I'd bet the rules are just for the racers. There's a lot of box-stock machines that are headed for the trails.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

rob alley hunter. are in rob
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    rob alley hunter. are in rob
    'Bout time you said you're all in, Rogers family.

1) JPSwift1 and Dad
    2) Joe M
    3) George and George
    4) Larry and Larry
    5) thebuggyman aka Jim
    6) JoeMeg,Lynn and Andy
    7) Lewis and Peggy
    8) Jerseybigfoot
    9) mark m.
    10) hydromike and GeoJem
    11)Racerone3 & Racerone3sgirl
    12) mad_max_500cc and family
    13) Plumcrazy aka Ed
    14) broncofiresmith
    15) The Gerber Family and pit crew
    16) buckhntr17 (and maybe son)
    17) Mike and Jeff (Tru-way machines)
    18)Joe H
    19)Don and boys
    20)Whipper
    21)Model Citizen
    22)Country Bumpkin
    23)Bumpkin II
    24)Toys4me aka Mike
    25)rdr,Alley & Hunter

Bridget

Not waiting till the last minute & started prepping all the cars. Spider's done & ready to go. Just thought you'd like a sneak preview.

Whipper

It took me a few views to realize where that motor actually was. If that was true I don't think Shanna could keep up with a flat four turbo.

Closed Thread