Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

WOW Dave that looks great with the wheels pushed out 5".

Matt

Matt

Yeah, it sure gives it a really aggressive look with the 5 inch , wheel extentions on it, but its way too wide for the trails at river run atv park. I,ve already cracked a 8 inch peice off one end of the mud flaps that Tim made for it the day after I got it.

Some Pictures of the new Adair Mudd Ox Tracks

DSC06077.jpgDSC06072.jpgDSC06074.JPG
    Here are some pictures of the Mudd Ox with the Adair Track system running a stronger more heavy duty chain and 1 inch wheel extensions. David will shortly have a set of the these tracks on his Mudd Ox. The Machine should be the absolute trail boss with this new system and I look forward to seeing them in operation.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 11-26-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Dan

Those one inch spacers really bring the tracks in a whole lot closer towards the lower tub. These one inch wheel spacers give the Adair , 14 inch tracks about 1 3/4" inch of inner tub clearance I was told. With my tracks pulled in this close, this will make my Mudd-Ox a lot easier to trail ride.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 11-26-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Dan

Those one inch spacers really bring the tracks in a whole lot closer towards the lower tub. These one inch wheel spacers give the Adair , 14 inch tracks about 1 3/4" inch of inner tub clearance I was told. With my tracks pulled in this close, this will make my Mudd-Ox a lot easier to trail ride.
    David, did you notice that the grousers are longer, they extend downward almost touching the metal rim. That is a whole lot of free extra traction when you are in deep mud. take a look at the track on the right side in the third picture.

Dan

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That will make it even harder to walk out of a track with the entended length on the side of each grouser.

Yammadog and Bubba Hunt have both posted that they have,nt noticed any chain stretch or a need for tightening the chains on their Mudd-Ox. When I took possession of my Mudd-Ox at river run atv park , it was a demo with 28 hours on it. Maybe the dealer and the people who demo,ed this Mudd-Ox all drove it like they stole it, and thats why I have an issue with my middle and rear chains needing tightening so much. Roger helped me take off the tracks and 5 inch wheel extensions after every one that came to ride with us had left, to make riding with tires easier to trail ride. I tightened my chains before we went riding ,and 5 hours later I could hear them slapping against the frame rails. If you have watched any of my Mudd-Ox video,s , you can see that I don,t ride that aggressive. I called Tim, Mark, and another Mudd-Ox dealer to make sure that I was adjusting my chains correctly, and found out that I was. That being said, I have to assume that Matt is now installing heavier duty chains that have been pre-stretched already.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-31-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Are the chains stretching that much, or are the adjusters slipping or losing their position?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Are the chains stretching that much, or are the adjusters slipping or losing their position?

That is a good point that you brought up , but thats not the problem. Each time that I,ve had to make an adjustment on the middle and rear chains , I,ve always had to break loose the bolt on the side of the tensioner that keeps the chain tight. I talked to akexpress on the phone and he told me that in the first 40-50 hours the chain stretches quite dramatically on a Mudd-OX , then needs less adjustment later on. I,m sure that the hydrolic motors put a lot of torque on the chains , but I did,nt think the chains would stretch this much since they,re double 60. I,ve heard that Diamond makes chain that has been prestretched , so maybe Matt has now went to a heavier duty chain on the new models or refurbished ones?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-31-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    That is a good point that you brought up , but thats not the problem. Each time that I,ve had to make an adjustment on the middle and rear chains , I,ve always had to break loose the bolt on the side of the tensioner that keeps the chain tight. I talked to akexpress on the phone and he told me that in the first 40-50 hours the chain stretches quite dramatically on a Mudd-OX , then needs less adjustment later on. I,m sure that the hydrolic motors put a lot of torque on the chains , but I did,nt think the chains would stretch this much since they,re double 60. I,ve heard that Diamond makes chain that has been prestretched , so maybe Matt has now went to a heavier duty chain on the new models or refurbished ones?
    Wow, that can't be much fun. Hope you get that resolved, especially since you waited over a year for it. BTW, Mudbug, Roger mentioned that you also were getting some bells & whistles with the demo, but no one said what you were getting or got.

Bridget

+ Reply to Thread