Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

David called and told me he would be taking delivery 0f his 2010 Green Mudd-Ox, with a skid plate, 40 horse Kohler engine, Direct Drive engine (the clutch system is been eliminated and the Kohler engine hooks straight to the hydraulic system), it will have the new a ceramic coated exhaust and large CMF fans which will drastically reduce the temperature inside the engine compartment. It will also have the new taper axles and heavy duty wheel bearing extensions. Matt confirmed that the skid plates and green tub are in the shop. The new frames will be powder coated. David's new Mudd-Ox should be completed and ready to ship by the 8th of May. Once the Ox arrives David will bolt on eight new ASX vampire tires on 12 inch bead lock rims. Dave has also been considering a set of 26x12x12 Outlaw tires but I told him he should run the ASX's for a while first because over all they will be a better all around AATV tire. Dave is excited and plans to take the machine to River Run in west Texas and possibly the Marengo swamp run in June. I asked him to post some videos but he said the only video he would post would be for private viewing on You Tube (don't know what's up with that) Any way if the weather is right I may try once again to make it to the Marengo Swamp run this year. If Argo would build a 6x6 HDI Frontier I would buy one now and take it with me but I have no idea when they will get it together and release a 6x6 HDI. If I ever Get my hands on a 6x6 HDI you can bet video will follow!

(The top is green-the tub is black)
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-29-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Did you guys ever put those ASX Vamipires on that OX? How was it? What rims did you use? Are they beadlock on both sides like the factory mudd-Ox beadlock rim?

David hasn't taken delivery yet. I know he has eight ASX Vampires waiting to install on the machine.

Dave keeps waiting for the latest updates, been doing that for a year now He has a handfull of machines/ projects anyway to play with. Those ASX are for 12" wheels, so they are on Max IV beadlock wheels.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Thanks for the heads up on the rims.

I was going to install the ASX tires on my Mudd-Ox ,but Matt uses axle flange studs that are used on a car or truck. This means I,ll have to enlarge the factory holes in my K-rims to a larger size, and if I do that, then I can,t use the ASX tires on my Max IV or Hustler Bigfoot , because both of them use a smaller axle flange stud than the Mudd-Ox. In the future, if I ever decide to sell my Mudd-Ox , I,ll also have to sell the ASX tires wth it because I enlarged the holes in my K-rims to fit the Mudd-Ox. I,ll probably install the Terra tires on my Mudd-Ox because they will swim better than the raw hides that came on it.

Dave, you can just increase the wheel stud size on your Max IV and Hustler. I did this on my Max II and was able to find 1/2" studs with a similar knurl to the existing 7/16" studs. That meant that I was able to just knock the 7/16" studs out of the hubs and replace them with 1/2" studs without having to enlarge the holes in the hubs. If you ever wanted to go back to 7/16" for any reason, you could still do that. Just a though.

Maybe a bit off topic, but where do you get a 40hp Kohler, I thought 31 was the big one?
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

Quote Originally Posted by number1cas View Post
    Maybe a bit off topic, but where do you get a 40hp Kohler, I thought 31 was the big one?
    CH1000 - 40hp : Kohler Engines and Kohler Engine Parts Store, Genuine Kohler Engine Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Dave, you can just increase the wheel stud size on your Max IV and Hustler. I did this on my Max II and was able to find 1/2" studs with a similar knurl to the existing 7/16" studs. That meant that I was able to just knock the 7/16" studs out of the hubs and replace them with 1/2" studs without having to enlarge the holes in the hubs. If you ever wanted to go back to 7/16" for any reason, you could still do that. Just a though.

Mike

Thanks for bringing this idea to my attention. Thats what I,ll do. My neighbor loaned me a drill bit that is the same size as the holes in the five inch wheel extention that I took off.

+ Reply to Thread