Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    I think some people are getting confused here as to what an owners manual is. In my experience an owners manual only covers basic operation of the machine and describes the controls etc. Some basic maintenance procedures may be in there, but full repair info would be in a workshop manual which is a completely different thing, and no manufacturer gives you one of those when you buy a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMax
    I think some people are getting confused here as to what an owners manual is. In my experience an owners manual only covers basic operation of the machine and describes the controls etc. Some basic maintenance procedures may be in there, but full repair info would be in a workshop manual which is a completely different thing, and no manufacturer gives you one of those when you buy a machine.

AussieMax

You explained this much better than I did. Thank you.

I deleted Matt's last post due to the rules of the site here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-w...rum-rules.html They have changed since Matt joined the site so I let the other one slide, but in order to be fair to the other manufacturers that are members of the site that are not allowed to post, please keep any business related / commercial posts off the forums going forward. Matt did nothing wrong here and was just responding to comments in the thread regarding the owners manual. I have PM'd him about this but wanted to post here as well so everyone knew why a post was deleted.

Thanks,

Mike

I happened to pull out my Max & Buffalo ATV Operator's Manual dated June 1, 2000. It's 114 pages long with page 115 being reserved for the limited warranty. The Table of Contents is divided into 2 sections. The 1st regarding safety & the 2nd regarding Operations/Maintenance. There are so many diagrams in the operations/maintenance section that anyone that has never owned one would/should have no problem understanding or fixing or diagnosing a problem. There's a section on proper belt tension, chain adjusting, proper chain tension, adjusting the chain tension, lubricating the chains,engine idle adjustment, throttle cable adjustment, etc. & a variety of warnings of things NOT to do. It's a plethoria of helpful basic information. No, it doesn't contain a parts breakdown, but there aren't that many "different" parts They are pretty basic little machines & having the capability to diagnose a problem makes you able to enjoy them that much more. Any newbies that have a Max would find R.I's manual extremely useful. Not all previous owners save or pass on the manuals they received if they bought new, but I'm sure that you can order one from R.I. if your machine didn't come with one. It's a good thing to have.

Bridget

+ Reply to Thread