terra jet

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: terra jet

terra jet

Hi i am woundering wat is the newest made terra jet and how fast do they go and are they better than an argo and built stronger

I think it is hard to compare them to an Argo just because of their obvious differences. However speed wise they should be faster than an Argo. I believe kahn was telling a few of us about his at our last ride and he mentioned that it would outrun a Max IV with 26" tires in the water so that was pretty impressive. Other than that I'm not much help but I know there are a couple of terra jet owners here on the board. Perhaps they will chime in with some better information.

ok ya just woundering cause i found a argo 6x6 for sale and a terra jet both run and drive both need little work due 2 sitting 4 some time and bothe are same price the terra jet is in mint shape and has spare engine and has only around 500hrs on it

id still go with the Argo, terra jets are fun but are actually a bit afraid of the water, they are good for a little creek crossing but thats about it where as you and a buddy can spend all day fishing from an Argo, and steering is not fun in the terra jet as well
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Ok i hear argos arnt as good in the mud tho cause they hav low ground clerance and that they hav a week spot in the body by the engine mount and that the they are hared on chains and hav a week front axle is that true caues i mainly play in in the mud skeg and sand hillswere there is lots of downed trees big ruts

The argo has more things to maintain naturally but with proper maintenance you should have nothing to worry about. I don't know where you got all of the things you listed but I would not use that to make your decision. Perhaps for someone's machine they may have bent a front axle or they may have had to replace chains and complained about it but you can just as easily bend an axle in any machine or have to replace chains.

Get the Argo.

Terra Jet

You will find that a Terra Jet is a lot like a quad. In the muskeg with only 4 wheels it will sink in a lot deeper than a 6x6. I can take my Argo through places that I have had my quad stuck in ,and you can hardly see the track that the Argo leaves. The Terra Jet is ok for solid ground, but if you want to go through swamp or muskeg, go 6x6.

Ok thanks 4 every thing the price is right on both of them i think ill just sell the street bike and buy both of them for wat they are bing sold for its would b stupid not 2 get them both are in great shape 2

Well that's an even better choice.

+ Reply to Thread