Attex Racers Pushing The Limits!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Attex Racers Pushing The Limits!

I think Mike did, George. I had my gps with me, but left it in the truck (of course). I still get tunnel vision when I'm going to run the McKay. I'm not sure what Mike timed himself at, but it was under a hundred (probably).

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Don, you're in trouble. Pretty soon Bud's goina blow by you like your standing still.
    Hey, Whipper; You're absolutely right. For one thing, he gets a lot more stick time than I do! He's also very competition-minded, which adds to it. His younger brother Q is starting to get the bug too, and he's got some real potential as well (weighs eighty pounds).
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I did have the GPS in the 503 with me, but I'd have to go into a long list of caveats to explain why I didn't get the top number I was looking for. Okay: the caveats.

-I couldn't get the GPS mounted right, so I had to (again) hold it in my left hand to get an idea of relative speed
    -It started snowing lightly, which meant it was really hard to see out of the goggles (sand might be a nuisance Whipper, but 50mph snow STICKS to stuff!
    -The R is still only operating at about 3/4 throttle. There's still a bunch more slide to go on the 34s, but I just don't have the right throttle lever. I also don't want the answer that a better throttle lever will yield

The GPS doesn't record a top speed (it's an oldie), so you have to make damn sure you're lookin' at it when you're sure you've hit top end. I did see a "5-something", and I know it was a low 5 number, but at the time, there was at least one other fire breathing monster in the field with me, and I was more concerned with just holdin' the pig in a straight line. Sure it's a 20 acre field, but that 20 acres really goes by in a hurry. The light coating of snow is weird, and forgiving at the same time. Sliding around on it is a lot of fun, and there's just enough traction to still kill yourself. I don't know if Jeff got video of it, but there's a turn I kept doing on the east end that is a nice lazy "J". turn. A solid 30mph, 5-grand, 185 dB, 6 wheel drift that I could practice all day long. I can't believe nothing on that machine broke. A testament to 35 year old technology.

Jeff has some comparable video, and there's a great shot of me coming toward him, where he thought I was going to run him over.

No sweat dude.... always in control...

~m

C'mon Jeff...let's see some of your footage.

Mike, if you ever decide to bring the beast on a lake (this winter that is) please give me a heads-up. I'd love to shoot that.
    Banned

I can't think of a lake big and smooth enough to do it on. Jeff wants to go down to the small boat harbor in Buffalo, but that would mean spending the night in Erie County lockup.
    ~m

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I can't think of a lake big and smooth enough to do it on. Jeff wants to go down to the small boat harbor in Buffalo, but that would mean spending the night in Erie County lockup.
    ~m
    Bridget and I used to take my Max out to Put-in Bay Sandusky Ohio. The ice in Jan or Feb was at least a foot thick. It was like the Bonneville Salt Flats. What a blast that was. We even went out @ nite with a bonfire being our only way of knowing the way back. It was pretty amazing how the Max could get traction pulling 2 saucers with people on them with about 50 feet of line. Or you can spend the night in the Erie County lockup. I would opt for the lockup. Young & NO FEAR. The good old days.

Whipper

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I can't think of a lake big and smooth enough to do it on.
    ~m
    Hey Mike

Some friends of mine used to go to snowmobile dice runs on Sacandaga Lake in the Adirondacks. It's a huge reservoir that stretches almost 30 miles.

I guess I assumed that places like these were plentiful up there. Nothing like this on The Finger Lakes?
    Banned

I guess the easy answer is "I don't know". Up in the 'daks, they have a bit of a different attitude about it. In Western NY, everybody seems to be a nuisance to everybody else. Most of the rural land is agricultural, or so private that if they think you're even intending on going on any land that isn't your own, the law is brought in. The Finger Lakes are occupied by a pretty staunch bunch of folks. I could probably get away with a couple high speed runs, but I better have the trailer gate down, and the Jeep running to get out of there as soon as top-speed is documented. Up near Speculator/ Great Sacandaga, entire towns go out on the lakes for radar runs/ ice races. It's depressing. It's just such a litigious society that we all have to stick to our own land.

In the summer, we have about a dozen kids (I use the term "kids" loosely- probably between 13 and 25) that all get together and ride up and down the sides of the roads, down some powerline trails and such. They're a combination of two and four stroke dirt bikes, enduros, and quads. I think that most folks would get peeved about them going up and down the road from area to area. Instead, I find myself out on the street sniffing to see what the two stroke boys are burning. They know what machines live at my residence, so when they go by and they see me out in the yard, each of us raises his/her collective "fight the power" fist in the air.

These folks are much more obedient of the traffic laws than most of the cars that go up and down the road.

Done with my rant.
    ~m

+ Reply to Thread