Bead lock rims

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bead lock rims

Bead lock rims

New here on the site but have had a Max 2 for about 15 yrs. I never could keep tires on wheels so I bought tires and wheels from Richard and still can't run 3 to 5 psi for rolling off tires. Does anyone make a steel wheel with true bead lock or does anyone have a solution to keeping tires from breaking beads. I have a Kawasaki quad that I changed tires on one time and had to saw them off of rims. You could run 0 psi and not break beads loose on those things .Surly someone make a good steel wheel for the 6x6 that are like the quads. I currently have a new set of Carisle that may be the problem.Thanks for any help Divedigger in Northeast Tennessee

The newer Max machines had K-lock rims (by Kawasaki) installed. They are much better at holding a bead, but not fool proof.....still available from Mudd-Ox

Here is the best solution: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/parts...ock-rings.html
    I'm just waiting for the 9" and 12" versions

Do you want me to see if they can get quotes on the 9" and the 12"?
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

I'm interested the 9" version. I think this may the solution for my Argo. Thanks Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    I'm interested the 9" version. I think this may the solution for my Argo. Thanks Scott.
    I sent in a request this morning. I will let you know when I hear something.

Thanks for all the info, I will keep watching about making bead locks!

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    Do you want me to see if they can get quotes on the 9" and the 12"?
    YES please! At least if we can get the pattern published here them members can get local machine shops to help them out.
    Personally I'd rather just pay and have them shipped......too little time and too much to do.

I think Drew was looking for the 12" also.

Thanks for doing the leg work!
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 03-05-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    YES please! At least if we can get the pattern published here them members can get local machine shops to help them out.
    Personally I'd rather just pay and have them shipped......too little time and too much to do.

I think Drew was looking for the 12" also.

Thanks for doing the leg work!
    The 12" are going for 23.03 each with adds up to 276.36 for a set of 12. If I order 2 sets I the price will drop. Let me know what you want to do.

+ Reply to Thread