Why not 10" wheels?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why not 10" wheels?

Why not 10" wheels?

Has anyone tried using 10" wheels on their machine. I am currently converting over from a balloon tires and was considering polaris or kawasaki rims. This would give me alot more tire options. What do you think?

You really might be in luck here. First off, if you use 10" rims, then you can get brand new 22x12.5x10 Super Swamper TSL ATV tires for only $18 each directly from Interco.

Cosmetic Blemished Tires Available Direct! | News Articles | Interco Tire

Your best bet would be to use some older Polaris 10" wheels because they had a 4x4" bolt pattern, not metric like Japanese 4 wheeler rims. This is a common bolt pattern so adapters to switch your 3 lug hubs to 4 lug would be cheap and easy to find.....you could also use this template to make your own:

http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...ug-adapter.pdf
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I was considering 24" bear claws, being a max they should clear the hull. I have a polaris rim but the offset is a bit to the out side. I am in the process of ressurecting an older max II . Ps just scored a 4 stroke clutch off an old swamp fox today

Quote Originally Posted by 6 WHHEELS OR BUST View Post
    I was considering 24" bear claws, being a max they should clear the hull. I have a polaris rim but the offset is a bit to the out side. I am in the process of ressurecting an older max II . Ps just scored a 4 stroke clutch off an old swamp fox today

Cool. If you can get the rest of the Swamp Fox at a good price, GRAB IT! They're really good machines and it would make a good project for when you get done with the Max.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

[QUOTE=jpswift1;66523]You really might be in luck here. First off, if you use 10" rims, then you can get brand new 22x12.5x10 Super Swamper TSL ATV tires for only $18 each directly from Interco.

Cosmetic Blemished Tires Available Direct! | News Articles | Interco Tire[QUOTE]

dang it JP... i wish you hadnt posted that... now i'm gonna have to try to cram a set under the wild wolf
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    dang it JP... i wish you hadnt posted that... now i'm gonna have to try to cram a set under the wild wolf
    I hear ya race. The dude can be a real pain, ya know?
    All that deal-finding, and such.... really grates on ya sometimes.

Thanks for nuthin', JP. Now I'm looking, too....

~m

try looking into real wheel.com they have a huge selection of custom wheels...you can get none beadlocks for almost any lug pattern
    they even have them for a max and argo pattern...none beadlocks are about 90.00$ each..t-6 spun aluminum.
    check it out

[QUOTE=racerone3;66536][QUOTE=jpswift1;66523]You really might be in luck here. First off, if you use 10" rims, then you can get brand new 22x12.5x10 Super Swamper TSL ATV tires for only $18 each directly from Interco.

Cosmetic Blemished Tires Available Direct! | News Articles | Interco Tire

Haha, glad to help. I hear the Super Swamper TSL ATV tires didn't really swim, but they are great in the mud. I think you should be able to squeeze those on the Wild Wolf. That would be a really aggressive looking Attex with those shoes on there!

Question Balloons

Quote Originally Posted by 6 WHHEELS OR BUST View Post
    Has anyone tried using 10" wheels on their machine. I am currently converting over from a balloon tires and was considering polaris or kawasaki rims. This would give me alot more tire options. What do you think?
    How bad are those balloons? Is there a decent pair in the lot that you want to get rid of? I'm still looking for a set for my Tricub.

SPD Tricart X5
    SPD Tricart
    SPD Tricub
    SPD Minicub
    SPD Wedge 295

Two of the balloons are in good condition. I put a polaris 10" wheel on my max. It seems like it will work best when put on backwards due to the offset,otherwise i am looking at getting 2-2.5" cut off of the axles to get the tires up under the max. I will try to get my adapters drilled for a 4 on 4" pattern today.Ps i already thought of putting another valve in the wheel.

+ Reply to Thread