How to post pictures

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to post pictures

cameras or camera phones can be adjusted to the size photos they generate as well. Personally I'm not printing posters from my photos, so 10 meg photos are just a waste of memory

Quote Originally Posted by dwdog51 View Post
    This must be an ancient program for this web site. All Jpg pictures are pretty much larger that 6mb which is your limit. I tried to upload six pictures then 2 then 1 and it said they all exceeded the size limit. They ran about 7mb to 10mb. I wanted to show my Max IV and all the home built accessories on it. Guess I won't do it then. Don't have alot of time figuring everything out, should just be able to upload picts like every where else. Thanks.
    I moved your posts from the Video thread to the Photo thread. The reason for the file size limitation is due to server space. The gallery software allows us to set whatever limitation we would like however, I have chosen a limit that allows the majority of photos to be uploaded without resizing them, knowing that there will be a few members that still have to resize really large photos. It's a trade-off as we are not a large corporation with unlimited resources (disk space). Sorry that it has caused an inconvenience for you but you have several options. You can utilize one of the many free batch resizing programs on the web. Here's one I found through a quick Google search: Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE! You can adjust your camera settings so that it doesn't take the maximum resolution. You can upload to the site your are accustomed to and simply hotlink directly into your thread without using the gallery at all. Any of those should work. Hope that helps.

Mike, thanx for the comeback. I have a program with Windows 10 that will do it. I just need to find the time. I'm retired but seem to be more busy than when I had a job! I'll work on it, I'm pretty proud of my little Max IV and would like to show off some of the home built accessories for it.

I finally was successful in uploading a few pictures on the gallery and I think on a photo album. some of the thumbnail boxes are empty but when you click on them a picture appears below. I hope I havn't made a mess on BBS. Feel free to fix stuff I messed up and moving it where it needs to be. Not bad for a guy that doesn't even own a cell phone!

How do you do a profile picture? Do I use a picture in the gallery or do I upload another picture? Thanx.

dirtdobbler, I'm a 66 year old guy that has no smart phone or the knowledge on how to get around on here. I rely on your help and the help of others to figure things out. Bout time for another shot a whisky! (maybe that's my problem)

Bout time for another shot a whisky! (maybe that's my problem)
    Ha! That's the answer. Mr. Beam hasn't mastered the technology yet! You will catch on and plenty of folks here will help.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdog51 View Post
    How do you do a profile picture? Do I use a picture in the gallery or do I upload another picture? Thanx.
    For your profile picture, check out this section of the FAQ here: Setting and Profile Features

I checked it out. I got to edit profile picture then chose option 2, upload from my computer. Clicked on file, my computer brought up the picture which is 97x75 pixles and 32 KB, opened it but it would not upload to here. So, I split screen with "my profile" on here showing the blank profile picture and my resized picture and tried to drag & drop, but that didn't work either. Do you not have that feature turned on? In the FAQ it said that the Sysop may or may not have the feature activated. BTW, I have a problem with this program logging me out a lot. Thanks.

Hey there DWDOG51

I had the same problem with the program logging me out. Thanks to moderator, MIKE, here is what he told me:

"The site timeout is set to 15 minutes. To avoid timeout, check the box that says "Remember Me" the next time you log in. That will prevent any timeout and keep you logged in."

That worked like a charm!

+ Reply to Thread