First 6x6 - ATTEX SUPERCHEIF

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First 6x6 - ATTEX SUPERCHEIF

We also "rescued" a 1978 Max 1V, restored it as much as possible, was running FANTASTIC; backfired, and was shut off...never to start again! Had spark, compression, pulled flywheel, points look o.k., this is a G50B also...FAST!! Can you give me any ideas? -Woody

Did it backfire through the carburetor or though the exhaust? Have you checked to see that you're getting adequate fuel to the engine? I'm not sure if it's possible to blow out a crank seal if it backfires into the crank case, but that's a possibility as well.

~m

hey guess what guys, the damn thing runs. and well at that. after changing the points, and switching the spark plug wires, it started right up.

machine shop busted the front case trying to get the bearings out, so i just welded up a custom fan housing and im runnin a 650 cfm from orellys.

as for the bearings, any help?

What are you wanting to know about the bearings? How to remove them? If so, have a look in the how-to section of the site. There is an axle / bearing replacement guide that should help even though it's not specifically for an Attex.

What a great project...makes me want to rip all of my hair out.

I will look in the how to section. thanks for pointing me in the right direction about the axles...

I dont get much time to work on my own things, but the last few nights i have been working on this sucker and its about to drive me crazy. when i said it runs...well come to find out tonight, that its only running on one cylinder after it starts. both coils have a big jump of fire when the plugs are out and im pulling it over.

Is this a timing issue? if not, what in the sam hell could it be...im at my whits end.

starter motor is being repaired and im tired of pull starting...and its a pain in the ass because the self winding one is broke too!

Any tips on how to get it timed just right?

Im tired of pulling the flywheel off...

Is anybody in this forum from texas?

And thanks for all the help thus far!

Do you have spark with the plugs out and harness connected or is the harness disconnected? I had an issue where a bad diode near the ignition switch was killing one coil. I had good spark with the main harness off and just pull starting. When I connected the harness and started it, it ran like **** and I was going nuts. Unplugged harness pulled plugs and bam had spark again. From what I could see on the wiring diagram it does not show these diodes near the ignition switch. This was allowing a back feed into one coil from the other one and cutting that coil out. Worth a look!

+ Reply to Thread