New guy , new to 6x6's....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New guy , new to 6x6's....

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    People are finicky about tires. Some people love one kind, and the next will absolutely hate it. I'll forego the goods and bads about each tire and just answer your question from my experience with a few different tires on an Attex, and what swims well. I'll leave the traction argument for later.

*Goodyear Runamuks swim extremely well on a 6x6 Attex
    *26" Goodyear Rawhide IIIs swim extremely well on an Attex 8x8, but 22" Rawhide IIIs don't do squat on my particular 6x6. Weird, I know.
    (With some body mods, you CAN fit a 26" Rawhide III on an Attex. Seen it done once. )
    *Cheng Shin Lumberjacks tend to swim forward with V's pointing backward, and with the transmission in reverse. Werid, I know.
    *Nankang Chevrons move an Attex 6x6 pretty nicely through the water the normal way. (V's point backward).

As far as suggesting a tire, the Rawhide III is the most durable out of all the above, and has the best traction. Just bring a paddle. Or find an Attex Tank Trainer and build it around a set of 8 Rawhides....

~m
    definitely some weird stuff there!
    maybe i'll get the cheap swampers, and a trolling motor! hahaha!

these swim great and i only have 4 of them in the correct direction for swimming. AG BAR LUG R1 HF255*::*AG BAR LUG R1*::*BAR LUG R1*::*DURO*::*BAR LUG & TRENCHER TIRES*::*TIRES*::*Cedar Rapids Tire they also do very good in mud, ride is not as nice as the Rawhide III's on my wife's machine, but my kidneys aren't bleeding from them yet, and they are fairly cheap. here is a shot of them in some pretty good mud. i didn't use the winch all day.
    Last edited by racerone3; 06-08-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

i just discovered "Richard's Relics" online. anybody know anything good, bad or otherwise about them? http://www.richardsrelics.com/index.html

Opinions vary. It is considered the original 6x6 site. It's about all we had before 6x6world came along.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

the good... he probably has what you need. the bad... your gonna pay too much for it. i use Richards as a last resort. 9 times out of 10 if you post a "wanted" in the classifieds here on 6x6 world, someone will have what you need/ want.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

good to know. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceejus View Post
    i just discovered "Richard's Relics" online. anybody know anything good, bad or otherwise about them? Welcome to Richard's Relics Parts for Amphibious ATV's,
    Stay away from Richard's Relics! I tell everyone that. There have been so many people that have been burned by him. His prices are ridiculously high and he doesn't back any of his products up with good customer service. Check ebay, other places online, Craigslist, and the 6x6World classifieds and you'll find the parts you need.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

A buddy of mine did some dealing with him and made out real good in my opinion. He went over and talk to him and my buddy said he was real friendly and helpful. I couldn't believe the deal by buddy got on the parts. I was surprised after everything I have heard about him. Now I have seen some of his stuff outrageously high. But if he can get away with it then thats what he will do. As far as friendly goes. Maybe he realized he needs to be better to customers? Not sure, but I was glad to hear something good about him.

I've heard some real horror stories about Richard and maybe some have some merit, but with me personally he's always been more than fair and given some good advice as well. There arean't too many people that know more about the obscurities of the hobby. Are his prices high? Yes. Does he have an awful lot of New Old Stock parts that you can't get anywhere else? Yes. It's simple supply and demand: If you don't want it at the price offered, don't pay it! Just my 2 cents
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread