big problems here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: big problems here

big problems here

max IV runnin' 25" rawhide III's. got a flat three days ago. found out that the valve stem had pulled out of the tube and only one bead on my rim had let go. put a new tube in and one half a day of riding ( always ride this machine easy) , and the second tube did the same thing. just put in my third tube at the local tire shop, and this time we marked the tire and rim. took it out for 15 min., looked at the tire and lo n behold the tire had slipped on the rim about 2". can someone tell me if i have a bad tire or maybe my rim is the problem. thanks again guys

these tires are meant to be run tubeless for that exact reason. will your tire not hold air if you put an automotive type valve stem in it? if that's the case, you need a new tire. a temp fix is to screw the tire to the rim and tube it. drill 8 equally spaced 3/16 holes in the outer lip of the wheel. then use short sheetmetal screws into the bead of the tire (about 1/2 inch screws... you don't want to go through into the tube). don't tighten the screws all the way down, leave just a little play between the screw head and wheel so that it has a little flex before it tries to rip the head of the screw off.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

how did u cure yur problem as l have the same problem on only my right rear-the other 5 are fine-l run my machine careful, and l thought l was to hard on turning, but after 3 tubes($30. each) sheering off the metal stems l have to figure something else out. Hope u can help me---Thanks

Like racerone3 previously mentioned to the original poster, you need to get a new tire or seal the one you currently have to the bead with permatex sealant and then use "Slime".

if your sold on running tubes in your tires then you might want to try baby powder in the tire. it used to work on the racecars. throw a bunch in before putting in a new tube, but like the others said running tubeless is better.

+ Reply to Thread