My Attex Military Trainer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Attex Military Trainer

That's really cool Larry. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
    Banned

Larry, I'm very happy to hear that you finally go it! You're going to love this machine for sure. I'm glad you'll be giving it a good home. I was actually up at Hydomike's today and we used his Attex 8x8 (Big 5) to tow my racer back to the shop when to fuel pickup became clogged with junk in the tank. It is such a cool (and very large) machine!

I believe that little metal tab on the inside of the engine cover/seat assembly was either for the seat belts to anchor, or for the prop rod to keep the engine cover up when you were servicing the vehicle. Here is your exact machine, Larry.......its on Joe M's site. The previous owner must have sent him the pics and info on it.

Joe's Garage... Attex Page

Anyways, I really look forward to seeing this thing brought back to it's original glory. This is going to be quite the machine when you're done.......congrats!!!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

you dog. Im glad you got it.
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Congrats on the new project larry but it needs another shifter to split the tranny lol

Hey Larry, Thanks for the walk-around video of your Trainer. I have a few questions: Is that the stock seating arrangement? When it was used as a trainer, did it usually have one on board? What are overall dimensions, if you don't mind? I really like the accessibility for maintenance, looks well thought out. Nice project.

Thanks for the good words everyone!!

Jpswift, your right that has to be the same one. The cage is set up the same as mine.

I was questioning the body material. It was suppose to be abs but it is not smooth like my other abs bodies and I have. I never seen an abs with the old skin leather type texture. I did acetone test it and it is abs.

Bw6,
    The seating is the same configuration but the front seat is not original. Not sure how many where on board during training? I figured there was to people to help but that is just guessing. I will try to measure the overall dimensions for you later today. Thanks for kind words! Should be fun.

Larry-

Sweet find! As for what to do with it? You already seem to have plenty of mods in mind rather than returning it to bone stock, so here's and idea: save you pennies for a while and then get with Whipper and make the world's first Attex Tank Springer!!!!!!!!!!

Bw6, The total length is 104". The center to center wheelbase is 75". The width is 54 1/2". The length and width is from the outmost edge of the body band. Length includes the attex nose.

Harry, I think it is big enough as it is! The Radcliff is sort of a military springer. Just 6 tires instead.

I have the engine out and the paint seems to chip off easy with a scraper. Might not be to bad. But where the paint was already off it is faded. Might look cool like that anyways. Different shades of green might make it more camo like. I want to get it going first. Might take this to Ashtubula instead of the 208tt because it is now taking my working on 208tt time away.

Larry, thanks for the info, I like the proportions, looking forward to see what you do to it.

As I already stated the paint seems to scrap off pretty easily. But the green where the paint was already off is faded. Here is a picture of that. I also mocked the motor in. Should fit nicely. I have to go to my little brothers high school graduation so done working on it for a while today.

+ Reply to Thread