My Attex Military Trainer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My Attex Military Trainer

Hey Jp, that for videos

Hey HydroMike, I have a trailer you could borrow. To bad you will have to pass by Ashtubula to get here. It would be nice to see that in person. That would be sweet if you do find bigger trailer but if not I suppose I understand.

Rent a U-Haul trailer. 6 foot x 12 foot. About 29 dollars a day. Not a bad deal. Room for all your machines.

That might be a good idea, Lewis. I might actually have to do this if I decide on bringing 3 machines.

Hey Larry, how's the progress on the trainer coming along? I'm getting super excited to see this thing come together!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey Lewis,
    At 8'8" long and 4'6" wide, you could only haul one AMTT on a 12 x 6' trailer. Unless you haul it sideways but that 2" wider then a semi trailer so not sure about laws on that? But that price isnt bad at all.

Hey Jeff,
    I haven't done much. Yesterday I went to test out some trailers with buckhtr17 to see what one we want to use. We need to haul his argo response plus my trainer and possibly a max with another possibility of a colt or scrambler thrown it, lol. Today it rained. Shouldn't take much once I get the motor mounted in. It probably wont be cleaned up as far as the red paint and such but it should at least run and drive for Ashtubula.

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Rent a U-Haul trailer. 6 foot x 12 foot. About 29 dollars a day. Not a bad deal. Room for all your machines.
    unfortunately, I've got a 6' x 12', and that's packed with two racers, and another racer in the back of the truck. I need a twenty footer, minimum, to get the tank and the racers. If the EFI Chief and the RIM want to come, that' another 10' of space needed if I park them sideways.

~m

Well got a little done today. Even after 12.25hrs work. I got the motor mount finished up with the fabbing. Just needs to clean up the greasy stuff off the metal and paint it. After Ashtubula when I tear it down completely. I was thinking of painting the frame and such green. Brown would be cool too. Stay with military style colors but away from gloss black that I normally would have used. Just and idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Well got a little done today. Even after 12.25hrs work. I got the motor mount finished up with the fabbing. Just needs to clean up the greasy stuff off the metal and paint it. After Ashtubula when I tear it down completely. I was thinking of painting the frame and such green. Brown would be cool too. Stay with military style colors but away from gloss black that I normally would have used. Just and idea.

Nice work, Larry. I was wondering if you were going to do a frame out on it or not. That's going to be a really nice looking machine when you're done with it. Did you think about tire options yet?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks Jeff,
    I probably will do a frame out later after ash. For now just getting it running is enough stress on me, lol. I dont have any extra cash to spend right now on tires. I was thinking swapping my hubs and all on the attex 208tt and useing 2 of the best of these. My 208tt is 4 lug that is why hubs and all. Not sure yet. I have 6 decent runamucks but I think the good year rawhide terras would do better.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Thanks Jeff,
    I probably will do a frame out later after ash. For now just getting it running is enough stress on me, lol. I dont have any extra cash to spend right now on tires. I was thinking swapping my hubs and all on the attex 208tt and useing 2 of the best of these. My 208tt is 4 lug that is why hubs and all. Not sure yet. I have 6 decent runamucks but I think the good year rawhide terras would do better.
    The only problem with that is the tank trainer doesn't have standard Attex axles. It has the 5 bolt hubs welded right onto the axles, so you'd probably have to take the tires off the 208TT rims and mount them on the 5 lug tank trainer rims. If I see any smoking deals on tires I'll be sure to let you know.

My wheel hubs come off. I know he one random one I took the tire off to see did. I took the hub off and put a 208 one on just to check and make sure they would work. Maybe that one was swapped. Im pretty sure the rest are like that too though. I did notice I dont have a rotor in the right side for the E brake. So that sprocket must of been replaced once.

+ Reply to Thread