My Attex Military Trainer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Attex Military Trainer

My Attex Military Trainer

Hey 6x6world.com,
    Today I finally got the attex military trainer I have been trying to get for some time now. I basically traded 3 headache machines for one, lol. No actually I am just kidding. I probably got hurt a little money wise on the trade but I got what I wanted so Im happy. This machine was a fire and rescue vehicle for White Pigeon Fire Department in Michigan. Has a few minor cracks bumps and bruises but is not bad at all. Should be cool when I get it going. Here are some pictures. Video is uploading on youtube right now. As per requested by Mike, lol.

Last edited by LarryW; 06-05-2010 at 10:09 PM.

congratulations Larry! it will be great to see another one of these come back to life and i'm sure it will be in good hands. you finally have an Attex with a T-20!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Oh man, that is sweet! Tell us all your plans for it. Are you going to leave the cage like it is, put it back to stock, make your own? From the pictures the cage looks pretty cool like it is. Are you going to strip the paint off?

Good luck Larry, I have a few parts , engine cover and foot pan from the trainer's that Don and I bought . check with Don he might have some stuff to bring it back to life.

WOW!!! Great find Larry!!!!! You will have to keep us updated on this machine!!!! Glad you got your wish. I know you will fix it up top notch.

Thanks race, Mike, Gus and Lewis!

I plan on stripping the paint off some how. Hate that stuff, lol. Paint is a pain in the but. For a motor I have a tecumseh ohv180 for it. The stock engine is getting pulled out and returned to the guy I got it from because he wanted to put that in the scrambler that he sank in his pond when I dropped it off. Yes, drain plugs are required and not an optional item, lol. I wasnt going to use the motor anyways so I told him he could have it if he wanted. As for the cage, I have a better view of it and discription in the video. But I may just leave it or maybe clean up the welds if anything. Not sure yet. I hate cages though. More details on video coming up in about a 1/2 hr.

Video is done. Not sure if it will work as youtube says its still processing so if not try later. Enjoy!!

When talking about the pull start coming through the body, "This is just not cool"

Overall that is probably the best shape that I've see a trainer in. Of course the only one's that I have seen are hydromikes and the handful that have popped up on Craigslist but I assume most are in the same shape. During the first half of the video my jaw dropped. I thought the only cracks were the one in the rear engine cover and the front that you pointed out. After you removed the pan you pointed out a few more cracks and a hole but still that's not bad for the abuse that these were put through. I think you did well. I'm excited for you.

Nice video Larry. Machine is in pretty good shape for it's age. Really happy you found it!

You did good, Larry. We're happy for ya.

Bridget

+ Reply to Thread