Insure Argo for road use?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insure Argo for road use?

Insure Argo for road use?

Do any BC Argo owners know whether it's possible to insure your Argo for on road use? The reason why I ask is because a registered licensed vehicle wouldn't be affected by the current fire ban. Regular vehicles have been ok'd for forest service roads. I'm thinking that an Argo is more contained than even regular vehicles are . . . Seeing as the exhaust is up higher with no heat shields to ignite grasses like a truck. I could be wrong though. Any ideas or thoughts would be welcomed.

From what I can see it means more insurance and an RCMP issued permit. They may want more of a reason than hunting or a trail ride..

Off-road vehicles

http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registra...ion-permit.pdf

I agree with you 100%, it would be dam near impossible to light a forest fire with an argo. Short of the machine catching on fire and burning, but I've never heard of that happening. But they list Amphibious vehicles as being included in the OHV ban.

On a side note - a dual sport motorcycle is a vehicle registered for the road, but I'd bet you'd get your ass run out of the woods on one of those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
    I agree with you 100%, it would be dam near impossible to light a forest fire with an argo. Short of the machine catching on fire and burning, but I've never heard of that happening. But they list Amphibious vehicles as being included in the OHV ban.

On a side note - a dual sport motorcycle is a vehicle registered for the road, but I'd bet you'd get your ass run out of the woods on one of those as well.
    Down the Chinchaga, and south into the bush there was the final resting place for a buddy's argo. He was riding along the side of a ditch and had a fuel leak which ran to the exhaust. He lost the machine, gear and got out with his rifle. He never hauled it out, and just left it..

On a different note, down south, the new "Castle Park" has a section for which OHV's are allowed on the trails during normal riding conditions. In the "Not Allowed" column falls "amphibious vehicles".. Guess what an argo is? Needless to say I wrote a letter to them to get some clarification, but haven't heard bac..

I think the closest you might get would be to put a Restricted Plate (RED PLATE) on your machine. It allows operating along untraveled portions of Highways and roads.
    The intent of them though is to allow legaly crossing roads, parking lots, around work locations, ect.
    We have them on some of our work machines.
    You can also apply for an Operation Permit (MV1815) from the Police/RCMP to go with the RED PLATE that can increase the operating area of your machine. They are only available at the discression of the Police/RCMP.

http://cvse.ca/vehicle_inspections/PDF/APG40.pdf

http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registra...ion-permit.pdf

RD

+ Reply to Thread