Rotax

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rotax

Rotax

What do you guys think about the rotax? Do you know how to tell which one I have? Its fast as hell but if you dont start it everyday for some reason the gas drains from the carb back twords the tank. It takes a while to work its way up to the carb.

"Which" Rotax, Chiris? Rotax/Bombardier has been around for lotsa years. Are you looking at a single cylinder or a twin cylinder? The model number (Type) and the displacment should be listed on the fan tower of most twins. To begin to determine the carb problem, we'll need to get an idea of what carb you're running. Earlier engines ran a Tillotson on the Rotax engines (both singles and twins), and later models utilized a Mikuni slide-type carburetor. I know in earlier posts, you state that the previous owner said you could get parts for it at "the airplane stores", which leads me to believe that it's a later model Rotax 337, 447, or a 503. These engines share many of the same parts, and are pretty decent engines overall. (OK, so I worship them... ... )

Let's see a picture, and we'll get you all fixed up...
    ~m

Its a twin cylinder, and very fast.. Ill take pics this weekend while i'm working on it.

I looked around, it has a mikuni carb. The rubber adaptor that comes from the intake to the round carb is silliconed and all dry rotted. Any idea where i can pick one up?

Someone painted the shrouds on the engine so I cant find markings. on the engine its stamped ( TA440A-024066) any ideas?

I still cant tell what it is. maybe 377 or 477?

+ Reply to Thread