Rawhide III and new wheels???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawhide III and new wheels???

Rawhide III and new wheels???

My Hustler 980 is very slowly going back together but I'm always thinking about tires. I'd been thinking Vampire ASX as memebers here have had so much success with them but the unavailablility and $$$$ is making them look less likely. Now I noticed a post a few down in the tire forum about a set of six 25x11.5x9 Rawhide III for $300 from Ebay and that sounds like an excellent deal on a tire that often sounds like a gold standard of 6x6 tires. Now for the questions.

My stock Hustler Goodyear Terras are 26" so is dropping an inch going to be noticeable?

My stock Hustler wheels are 12", where can I get a good deal on some decent 9" wheels?

Thanks!

The inch will not make enough of a difference to worry about. 9" beadlock style wheels are only available from two places right now, from Argo and Muddox.

You may want to post a wanted ad in the classifieds too. It's worth a shot.

Mike is right, that inch won't make very much difference at all. You will have a much softer ride, and better traction with the Rawhide IIIs. Here is 6x6World member Meinfield's Hustler 980 BIGFOOT tall tub with some 25" Rawhide III tires.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

You guys have any idea what Muddox gets for his 9" rims. If I could take advantage of the deal on the Rawhides, end up with new unbent wheels, and still come in somewhere near what I was setting aside to spend for vampires I might pounce on this before the Rawhides are all gone.

Thanks.

I asked earlier about what Muddox wheels goes for. I didn't realize that 6x6 world member Matt O was the man to contact. Sent him message.

Thanks.

Hey man i just put the first two of six 10 " polaris rims on my max 2 today, along with two new solid axles, bearings, and flanges. The plethora of tires for 10" rims is staggering.

a member on this site bought a new muddox and immediately put new rims and ASX tires on it. Last month he was wanting to sell the bead lock rims and rawhide iiis. His name is Chuck and he posted here under TONI????

philipatmaxfour,
    thanks for the heads up on TONI. I contacted him and found that he's in Ohio. I'll be waiting to see if someone from around here (central Missouri) will be anywhere near him for work or vacation.

6wheelsorbust,
    Cool to hear about the Polaris wheels. I did a quick search and didn't find alot in the way of 25 or 26" tires that were proven swimers for 10" wheels. Know of any in that size range?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread