any interest in a 6x6 and 8x8 endurance race ?? the Ididarod of AATVs lol

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any interest in a 6x6 and 8x8 endurance race ?? the Ididarod of AATVs lol

any interest in a 6x6 and 8x8 endurance race ?? the Ididarod of AATVs lol

any interest in a 6x6 and 8x8 North American endurance race ??
    say some 150- 200 miles of mountains swamp and muskeg
    4 or 5 checkpoints and about 5 days on the trail
    say about a $15,000 in 3 prizes
    2 or more catagories (factory equiped and open class)
    any ideas would be appreciated
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

That sounds really cool!!! I have never heard of a 6x6 and 8x8 endurance race. I think that there is a better chance of it happening on a smaller scale. I would be interested in competing.

Do you have a general idea of where it would be held at?

That seems like a fun idea though I agree you may want to start smaller like a 1 day event. you will prob need to round up some sponsors too.

A very interesting concept. Lets hear more on this. Is there a planned location that will include all above mentioned terrain? Most could not compete in a 5 day but a weekend endurance would be possible for most. Just my 2 cents.

well my thoughts are like this
    it would have to be large enouph and long enouph for people to want to come from all parts of N America to compete
    it should be dificult enouph that not all entrants will finish unscathed
    it should contain a good mix of terains from dry ground to swamp and muskeg ,hills ,creeks and tuff going
    it should not cross or enter any parks or protected areas
    it should not cross a large river or fast creek ,unless it is bridged
    it should be too hard for a quad to finish
    the town involved should have plenty of tourism accomodation , hotels motels ,campgrounds etc at a resonable rate or race is during off season
    should be both 6x6 and 8x8 dealers in area for immediate access to parts

any other ideas as to where or other thingts to think about ??
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 08-16-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

hey , i would be interested. up there ?? i think you would have to start small like 2 days , one night on the trail, do you have a place in mind ?? if you need some sponcers let me know , ive heard that up there quads cant even go alot of places is that true ?? sounds cool to me, whatever works is good enouph for me

eh Ron; if you are free next weekend or the one following (undecided yet) we will be headed up 30 miles into the Caribou Mtns for a quick fishing trip into a trophy fishing lake (no quads) will be a journey like youve never seen , got a few so far but the more the marrier ,(bring rum lots of rum) oh and your gear

ok see what i can do , better the long weekend for me (4th 5th and 6th)

RobinHood, that sounds like an awesome race. I would be interested like a lot of guys here, but committing to the race is another story. I missed Ashtabula two years now, my racer is close, Maybe $700 away and a good solid month since I've changed some Ideas, but life just won't allow it at this point. I do remember reading about an endurance race way back, and they were talking about machines finishing on 3 or 4 flats, but I don't remember when or where it was (no not the Attex that entered the BAJA race, but that was cool also), I've been off the site for a while. IF I could make it I'd be in, I actually like that kind of racing more than the short-track racing like Ash, but I have to be counted as a no until something changes here, could be in a month or years. I REALLY am not trying to be a Buzz-Kill, I'd love to see it happen (As in SEE it: attend; compete, finishing or not.), If I had time and resources I'd be more than willing to help, but I just can't see that point right now.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread