Busco Beach in NC - October 8-10 2010

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC - October 8-10 2010

We had a really great turnout and Lewis is right, there were more women there this time then we have ever had. I was impressed with the driving from all of the women. You gals did great. Here are a few more screen shots:

Glad to hear folks are making it home safely. The boys and I made it home about 5 this afternoon and when we got everything unloaded we found that we'd brought home enough Busco sand to fill a sandbox. The machines are a muddy mess, we're home sunburned, tired and dusty but glad we went. It was great to see old friends and meet some newbies! We ate like royalty all weekend and the trails were a blast. Can't wait to do it again!

Carolina Boys (& girls) Rock!

Don & the boys
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    i have a great weekend at the busco ride meet new friends and thanks for the foods...... and thanks for the help on my max cant wait for the next ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I didn't get there until late today so it was really too dark for pictures. I did get educated by jerseybigfoot on how to straighten an axle in the field though. He and racerone3 got me going again tonight in a fairly short amount of time.
    Hmm, Marc and Brian fixing an axle at Busco with a chain and Jack, Seems familiar.
    I HAD to laugh at this Mike, not only did Marc and Brian help straighten an axle for me on the Wolf at Busco last year, it was the same one, front left. I guess Busco is hard on that axle
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I had such a great time with you guys! That is one of the best places that I've ever rode. Thanks everyone for the great times and great food. Hope to see you all again soon.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks to everyone for another great weekend. I appreciate all help and food I was given over the weekend. Can't wait to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Hmm, Marc and Brian fixing an axle at Busco with a chain and Jack, Seems familiar.
    I HAD to laugh at this Mike, not only did Marc and Brian help straighten an axle for me on the Wolf at Busco last year, it was the same one, front left. I guess Busco is hard on that axle
    yep, we are all hard on the left fronts... I bent the LF on my wild wolf right at the end of the saturday night ride, and Beth bent hers sometime on sunday. the wolf got fixed at Busco.
    the only known repairs I have to make are the axle in Beths machine, and a mangled sprocket tube in the hustler. i broke it saturday, managed to field repair it enough to ride the rest of the weekend, but now it's time to fix it the right way. I only had to have McCoy tow me back to camp once, and for the first ride ever didn't blow a single bead (thanks Roger for the permatex tip)

we had a great time as always! thanks to everyone who traveled long distances to come ride with us. hopefully everyone had a good enough time to come out and ride with us again. we covered the entire circumfrence of the park in a single ride on saturday, which i don't remember ever doing before. i got a lot of pictures Busco Fall 2010 - Amphibious ATV Pictures and didn't get the video camera out of the truck all weekend.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Pulled up in front of the house at 7:30. 10 hr trip. Gotta go. Sorry Lori, Tom,Peggy and Lewis. Missed saying goodbye,just wanted to get home before dark. Post pics soon. Joe.

Joe we were in town getting a few items and upon our return you had left the scene. Sorry we missed you leaving but understand the long drive. We are glad to here that you arrived home safely and we really enjoyed having you at this event. Hope you can find it in your schedule to ride again in April and maybe the wife can come also.

Take care
    Lewis & Peggy

Wow! What an awesome time! GeoJem and I had to pack up early yesterday and hit the road ASAP. It was a full 13 hours (704 miles from the gate to my driveway) of driving yesterday. I missed saying goodbye to quite a few folks, but we'll be seeing you all again in the spring. It's a drive I'll have to do in two parts next time. Thanks to everybody who prepared an amazing feast (ribs, bbq, wings, chowder, sausage gravy and biscuits, sausage, brats, livermush, hot dogs, chili, and CHOWCHOW! (SP?)) We'll make sure we bring something appropriate next year.

Minimal problems this year, mainly stemming from trying to scuttle a thousand-pound eight wheeler, and still dealing with 38 year old driveline technology. For anyone that has been thinking about attending the Busco rides, and you're within a half day drive or so, it's SO worth it. The place is gigantic, the riding is incredible, and it's the best facility I've ever been to. It's the real deal. I need about 3 or 4 more days down there each time. I'm putting in for time off next spring...

~m

were back thanks to all who came it was wounderful to see every one got pleanty of pic and vids to work on so thay will follow soon my carolina boys and girls thanks our little club is growing large with the new ladys that came and drove . and our old friends that allways make it down . we love to ride with u . we stayed sun night with marc tom lorrie . james had the BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER PUT IN MY MOUTH , FROM CHEF TOM U ALL MISSED IT . THE SILENCE WAS DEFFING on sun night no drag strip no loud quads . it was peice full and the perfect end to the perfect weekend ride . thanks every one apr will get here . plan on taking a week to enjoy busco . robbie ,alley , hunter .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread