MrPiggss Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MrPiggss Max II

MrPiggss Max II

Hello Everyone,

I purchased my Max II in April 2010. I found it on craigslist and couldn't help myself, I had to have it. It's the first 6x6 I've owned and with a little knowledge I picked-up from all of you, I've jumped in and have been having fun since.

Day 1

Beat, battered, cracked and broken are words that come to mind. My Max II has had a hard life. I can only guess at how many times this ones has been flippped, crunched and repaired. Now its in my hands.

Please check out the gallery of pictures I've posted and more to come. I will try to update this thread as changes come along. I'm a bit behind so I'll try to catch up.

One of the biggest problems with the max is the back half of the upper body is missing. A wooden deck has been fashioned to cover the engine and add some support by the previous owner.

The back of the seat was broken and had little to no support. Something had to be done. A nice board and some fiberglass later, I now have a much strong seating area.

Problem 1: DONE (we'll see how well it holds up)

More body work.

Sanding, sanding and more sanding. How many coats of paint is on this???

Well a few hours ... ok more than a few and I was finally down as far as I was going to go. After all I knew from the get go I would be repainting anyways.

Time for primer.

So far so good.
    Last edited by Mike; 07-02-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts

Looks really good there. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about sanding. What is you plan for the color? Keep up the great work!

Hello again,

Finally getting back to another update.

The color is Olive Drab. I will be using the Max for hunting purposes and some sorta camo is probably coming but for now its OD Green.

Next is a body band and a cage hopefully.

Oh and I almost forgot I picked up 2 new tires for the back to match the other 4.

That makes it look completely different. A big change from the last color(s) you had.

Wow, you've been very busy, Mr.Piggss. I love restore projects.

Bridget

OH NO!!!!! I've hit a set back.

I discovered this past weekend that I only have reverse on the left side. No reverse on the right. Funny thing is I just noticed. On previous outtings I simply pushed the Max off the trailer and left it roll to a stop. Well this time I tried to back it off and no sooner did I get onto the ramps it kicked sideways on me and before I knew it I'm half off the side of the ramp and have run over a barrowed lawn mower ... again

Well $50 worth of new wheels for the mower and its fine but now what to do with the pigmobile. I was just about to get it muddy.

I need some hint, suggestions, and most probable causes please. Hunting season is just around the corner and I can't be without my beloved ride.

Sounds like a sheared pin in the T-20. A really simple fix but I can't explain it very simply. Don, JersyBigfoot or Race may give better directions than I. Where the linkage connects to the T-20 is a steel cylinder with a pin on the inside to shift the Trans. F & R. Sounds like that pin has broken off.
    Still want a KID

Cool resto you got there, You might want to look at the design of the rear decks on the Kid 8x8 AATV you will see the deck is flat but there is vents running the entire way around under the deck for ventilation. I don't think it would be too hard to do for your setup and then you would have a nice usable flatbed.... I just got me a Max II project also... an earlier version with 3 bolt wheels and a 2 stroke. pics are in my gallery. What primer and paint did you use to paint the body? did you add a flexative to the paint?
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Cool resto you got there, You might want to look at the design of the rear decks on the Kid 8x8 AATV you will see the deck is flat but there is vents running the entire way around under the deck for ventilation. I don't think it would be too hard to do for your setup and then you would have a nice usable flatbed.... I just got me a Max II project also... an earlier version with 3 bolt wheels and a 2 stroke. pics are in my gallery. What primer and paint did you use to paint the body? did you add a flexative to the paint?
    Well I may have to do something with the ventilation. The engine compartment was pretty warm during peak summer time runs. As far as the paint goes... nothing special. I used some primer and paint from the local hardware store. I can get you the name and any additional info if you'd like. Still haven't done anything with the reverse problem yet.

+ Reply to Thread