Will POR 15 bond to Fiberglass?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will POR 15 bond to Fiberglass?

Will POR 15 bond to Fiberglass?

I want to coat the inside of my Terra Tiger hull. Someone recommended Hercules bed liner, but others say POR 15. I like the strength factor of the POR 15, but I think it is intended for metal. Anyone have experience using it on fiberglass?

We used it (POR15 clear) on last one we restored. And if you read por15 sheets it saids it works Great on fiberglass.

I never used it on fiberglass, but have used it many times on car restoration. It does seem to stick to anything tho. It is still on my cement floor after 5 years. It was stuck on my hands for 3 weeks after use, so fiberglass is prolly a safe bet!

Hello,

Just saw this thread POR 15 can definitely be used with fiberglass. It can also be used as a replacement for fiberglass resin when working with fiberglass matting. Por 15 makes a couple products for marine prep and offer tech advise if necessary.

Cheers, Ryan

+ Reply to Thread