16hp tucumpsy

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16hp tucumpsy

16hp tucumpsy

Hi i am woundering if any one would know were 2 get the spark plug coil for a 16hp tucumpsy engine the key was left on in my argo and now it dont spark

This is probably the OH160 Tecumseh you're talking about. I really can't say for sure, but some parts are difficult to come by for these engines. The coil shouldn't be that hard to find, I'd imagine. Try your local small engine shop just to see, and also type in "OH160 Tecumseh" on ebay and see what pops up for you. Good luck with it.

Edit: I just searched ebay and here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tecumseh-OH160-I...item1e5ce437c9
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

ya thats the engine and thanks 4 the help

Glad i could help......hope you get her back on the trails soon.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

ya i hope so 2 and does any one else hav a problem with the sheare pin that locks the sprockets 2 the axles breaking cause i just broke one more 2 day driving down gravle road and is it ok 2 replace them with bolts

If it has external points and the coil is on the flywheel you can put an external coil on it. Just get a coil for a 12 volt car or tractor with the mount, Mount it and run the wires. No need to remove the old coil from under the flywheel cover.

Has anyone ever did an engine swap form the OH160 Tecumseh? to a new motor, and if so what motor did they put in.

Where are you located? I've been working on getting a 16 hp kohler single cyl (hopefully cheap).

Yes those Tejunksies are Tejunk, oil leaking vibrating fuel pump stoppin....etc lol honestly there are alot of engine choices out there but the big thing with Argo's are body style, if you have an old school machine that says Argo in the hood.....which i beleive you do cause you have a Tejunksie..........fitting a V-twin MAY take some cutting and modifying the hood to work, if you dont want any of that you can just put in a horizontally oppossed twin like an 18hp I/C briggs they work well too but be carefull some of them have an oil filter which will be in the way of your brake disc so may have to modify somethin for that as well.....hope this helps lol
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

I have found a Honda knock of motor which is a 15 horse power motor one less horse then what is in the machine. I will be starting the engine swap next mouth I hope, does anyone have any information on the RPM rang on the old T 160 engine. I have not been able to find any information as to what the old engine idles at.

+ Reply to Thread