IBC pimary clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IBC pimary clutch

IBC pimary clutch

Does anybody know anything about these? Quality units, or trouble prone?
    The seller says they are adjustable and sent me a link but it is bad. Are they easy to tune, and are parts readily available?
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/autom...html#post70313
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 07-31-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot link

IBC powerbloc is who makes argo clutches. That unit looks just like what argo used before the latest frontier/avenger clutches, which is still IBC, just a different design.

I can't tell what's inside, but list price from argo is $350 at least. Richard Clark wants $400 I think.

They don't like to turn high rpm's, mine coughed up a 1/2 pound lead slug at 6000 rpm.. that was after a couple years use that way. But if you change the three $5 weight holders every year or two, I think 5000 rpm is no problem. Otherwise, 4000 rpm all day long should be ok. The holders are hollow phenolic and I think heat and rpm causes them to crack and expand, allowing the weights to get out of shape. This is assuming the guts of those units are like my '97 model. They could be updated like the newer argo units, but the shape of the cover makes me assume they are not. For $150, if they are liike stock argo clutches, that's a great price.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

"IBC powerbloc is who makes argo clutches" That explains why everything I found on the web was in French

He can also get the secondary clutches $125 I believe. 7/8" bore ? are these what a t-20 takes?

I know that many of the JR Dragster guys run the powerbloc clutches, and some of them are turning a LOT of RPM's. if i had the cash I'd buy 3 more at that price... I usually get almost done with a project and then have to wait to find a good deal on a primary clutch... I've paid more than that for my last couple used clutches
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Look what I found. I wonder how well it works....tapered clutch adapter

That's exactly what I made ( tapered and split with the key cut off at an angle to suit taper also used loctite on fitting ) to fit the United Six gearbox on my Kohler 18 Hp. Seems to be holding up at this stage.

Got the catalog 2 days ago and just found it now.

SOLD OUT !!!

Wonder where the guy got them to sell on eBay?

I planned on ordering 2.

Dammit.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...=1&item=1-3036

Wow, $59
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Got mixed feelings right now... glad I got one off eBay... wish I wouldn't have seen th $59 price. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it the first time I go for a ride.

+ Reply to Thread