Verticle Shaft 6x6???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verticle Shaft 6x6???

Vertical Shaft 6x6???

hey guys,
    I just picked up a Terra Tiger last week that needs a lot of work including an engine. I don't know what I am going to do with it, I may just part is out. What I am wondering is... Are there any 6x6's that use a vertical shaft engine rather than a horizontal.

The reason I ask is I have a low hour 20hp Kohler pro that I would love to put into a 6x6 that needed an engine (of course I would probably need a clutch setup. Anyway, just wondering???
    Last edited by coletrain777; 08-01-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Anything is possible, but it would take a few custom parts. If you fabbed a mount so that it stuck up out of the hood (most were missing anyway) there should be plenty of room.
    I just happen to have a right angle gearbox. It has 1"shafts and gear ratio of 1.5:1 I bet it would work. PM me with your email if you want pics/dimensions.

That sounds like it could be a cool set up. I will PM you with my info.

Does any 6x6 come with a vertical shaft engine already installed?

+ Reply to Thread