Looking at buying two 6x6's

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking at buying two 6x6's

Looking at buying two 6x6's

I am looking to buying 2 basket cases Attex Jiggers and am wondering the following:

What should I look for? Not sure of the model I have to drive about 100 miles to see/buy them Guy wants $500.00 for 2 none of the tires are good, no motors but the rest is there.

Here is what I want, I can get any motor I need where I am out of a snowmobile. I would like to use this for riding around my area and possible get a set of tracks for the winter.

Also, is there someone who sells a Springer Kit for these?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Yooper1; 08-06-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Attex and Jigers were two different machines. Do you know which one it is? Or is one of them an Attex and one a Jiger?

If they are Attex and have the T20's in them they may be worth a couple of hundred dollars but without seeing the machines it's hard to say. Just from reading your post I would say that $500 is way too much for the shape they are in. You are probably going to need all new chain, bearings, 5 lug wheels / adapters, tires, motor, etc. The tranny may not be any good so you may need to rebuild it. Basically you are buying the body and the frame. The sprockets may be usable too. The axles may or may not be bent. There are a lot of "ifs". I would offer him $100 and see what he says.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic but in the long run you will spend more money fixing up something in terrible shape then you could just buy one running for. For example, just taking the first Attex for sale from the ebay forum here: 1969 Attex ST 300 D Amphibious ATV 6 Wheeler 6X6: eBay Motors (item 230508106556 end time Aug-12-10 15:01:04 PDT) That is in great shape and has a buy it now of $1600.

Just something to think about.

Mike is speaking some good reality. It is always good to see someone interested in restoring old machines. I bought some yard pond, oversized flower pot type units 2 years ago and found out many parts didn't fit from one to another. After $1k and alot of work one is running and quite enjoyable. Or just buy one and start riding the same day! It is a good buyers market right now!

You both are very wise. Thank for your insight. I really don't need a bigger problem then what I starting at.
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread