hearing pro and commo upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hearing pro and commo upgrade

hearing pro and commo upgrade

today i bought a pair of one ear headsets with lapel mikes to use on the argo with my garmin rhino 120 gps radios. they work very well between two atvs on a hunting trip. aany frs or gmrs radios would. but with the rhinos you also get the other guys position and you can share waypoints. anyway, after a trial I felt background noise was too much. my argo is very loud. So then I went to buy some earmuff style hearing pro and ended up buying electronic hearing pro from walmart for 32 bucks. it works like hearing aids but it blocks out loud noise. final plan is to wear them while driving with the radio earbud in. This way with the engine full blast I can hear the radio, and the hearing pro works like regular hearing pro. between half thrttle and idle or with the engine off I can hear better than normal. I do not have to take them off and on and I can hear the wife and kids talk with background noise better than without them. I think I would hear animals in the bush very well with them while sitting quiet. Also while driving I can I can set the radios to my buddies hunting channel and set another set of radios in the argo up on a different channel and then set my rhinos to listen to the hunting channel but scan the argo internal channel. This will allow me continous hearing protection with the ability to hear my friends talk hunting crystal clear. It will also allow me to hear the other people in the argo talk crystal clear without any yelling and without kid chatter and snack snack passing talk muddying up the hunting channel. and it is all very cheap. My model was the way we communicate in very loud helicopters internally and to atc and I have recreated it in my argo. If someone new how to make an argo quiet I would not have needed any of it

Those radios are great we use them to communicate on the mountain between cabins and with those out and about makes for a safer place. and they are so clear the first time i used them i heard some one speak and i turned around and there was no one there. lol during hunting season i use the ear bud with the lapell button for keying up things stay nice and quite.

today we added throat mikes. they performed horribly and are going back. radio shack lapel mikes are much more clear. has anyone tried cb radios in h3ll country. i thought with a powerful signal maybe it would have better range. ideas?

+ Reply to Thread