new to web site have a few questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to web site have a few questions

new to web site have a few questions

hi everyone, just found this web site by accident. i,ve got max iv with 26' tiires, looking gor ideas on how to make my own tracks so that i can play in the snow. wife would probably join me but say's she gets to cold, has anyone made a canopy of some kind. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

This pic was taken in 1972. I remember this day like it was yesterday. It was like minus 20 degrees & I wanted to go riding, so I wrapped an old canvas tent to the outside over the roll bar & left a hole just big enough to see & get my hands out to move the sticks. Recreatives does sell really nice canopies that would keep her nice & cozy.

Whipper
    Attached Images

I run a camo tarp draped over my roll cage if I go out in the rain. It cost about $5. I plan on adding a windshield of Lexan mounted to the roll cage. If you or your wife sew, you can make your own enclosure. Most shops sell clear vinyl that you can use for side windows.

I had made one out of old awning material, however in the cold weather it was so stiff, i was hoping for ideas for a top that was not out of cloth, sorry I wasn't more clear.

I couldn't see it being all that bad to make one out of fiberglass... like a Jeep hard top. Just build a box around the max to the right dimensions (-1/4 inch of fiberglass thickness), lube the outside of the box and throw on the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    This pic was taken in 1972. I remember this day like it was yesterday. It was like minus 20 degrees & I wanted to go riding, so I wrapped an old canvas tent to the outside over the roll bar & left a hole just big enough to see & get my hands out to move the sticks. Recreatives does sell really nice canopies that would keep her nice & cozy.

Whipper

Great photo Whipper!
    Banned

Once I make my roll bar for my Rim/Max I plan on getting a golf cart cab and making it fit. There under a hundred bucks. They have the side windows and everything.

I thought about having a custom top made for the hustler, something to fit over the roll bar. There is a guy in East Tn. that makes custom plastic tops for Cruisers and houseboats...these things are nice. They are made from heavy gauge clear plastic and he can install doors, zippers and pull back ties so you can open up the sides or back. I can get you his contact info if you would like. The factory max tops look pretty nice as well.

+ Reply to Thread