What's a hustler worth?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's a hustler worth?

What's a hustler worth?

I was out making my rounds at work today and ran across a hustler sitting out in a yard, you could tell it had been there for a while so I stopped and asked if it was for sale, the guy said it had been sittting up for about a month since his grandkids had ran it out of gas. What I'm asking is what would be a fair price on it? All the plastic is in excellent shape, the chains and sprockets look to be in good shape, the engine is a twin briggs 16 hp. The transmission shifted easily.The tires look to be original and are in pretty bad shape but were still holding air. The frame rails and bearings looked to be in good shape. He put some gas in it while I was there but it wouldn't crank (battery was weak) He said he would charge the battery and get it cranked in the next couple of days, so I am going back to check it out after he gets it running. He said it was running fine and everything worked the last time he ran it. He quoted a price and I was just wanting to see if it was in line. I didn't dig around inside it too much since I didn't want to seem too eager.

Its hard to say without any pics, but if you could get it for under $1000 you would have a pretty good deal. How much did he quote you?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It will also depend on the age of the beast. If you buy a pre-history fiberglass Hustler with the old style transmission you may have a very hard time finding parts. If it's got the T20 trans in it and HDPE body, I'd say JP's right on the money.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I'm not sure what year it is but it does have the T20 transmission. The body has two air vents on each side on the rear and the exhaust comes out the right side of the body if that helps determine the year. He's asking $1200 for it.

It's hard to say what the machine's worth without seeing it, but the price doesn't sound bad to me as long as the body's in good shape and there's no major problems with the running gear. There are at least three models with the T20, and some are worth more than others. Here's some pics of the different models. http://route6x6.com/classifieds/images/fs655.jpg http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...php/photo/1048 http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/805
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks for the info Don. I'll try to get some pictures of it in the next day or so and try to post them.

Mr. D, if the Briggs is a flat twin I/C engine it could very well be between the years 1982-1985. Before that Hustler used Kohler 16HP single 4 strokes, and before that it was the 440cc twin 2 stroke Kohler. I think the very first fiberglass bodied Hustlers that didnt have a T-20 came with a 309cc Kohler single two stroke. Good luck and hopefully you'll be the proud new owner of this machine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I've got some pictures of the machine but me being the computer idiot I can't figure out how to upload them to the site. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In the message window, click on the paper clip image at the top. Locate them on the "browse" line
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

On the top of the page you will also see where it says "GALLERY." Sometimes if the pictures is too large in file size it will not load up in the forum windows so just go to gallery and then in the top right corner hit the "upload photos" link and go from there.

+ Reply to Thread