T-20 Skidsteer won't come apart..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-20 Skidsteer won't come apart..

Yeah, the rebuild kit isn't very expensive so you might as well just order if from Recreatives Industries while you are ordering the two main bearings. For the bands you could get them relined instead of buying new to save some money if you wanted to but you have to send the bands in and it will take a couple of weeks to get them back so that really depends on how much of a hurry you are in.

I have a close friend that is a machinist that has his own mill and lathe. I am going to take the drums to him and have clean and true the brake surface very lightly. Is this a bad idea. Can you give me a suggestion for the relining. I am not in a big hurry, just want it to be right. Do you think they will straighten the bands? They have been twisted on the ends from improper adjustment. Could you let me know who could do the relining?

That's stange that the ends are twisted. Do you have a picture you could post so we can see how bad they are? For relining, see this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...html#post65459 That's the cheapest place you are going to find.

Never have The Hulk adjust your transmission again. Holy Cow! It won't hurt to try and straighten them out, but I'm not sure it'll work. Alabama Bands might be able to do it better.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I'm not sure what the person who adjusted this thing was thinking. They must have turned green, and grabbed a bigger wrench! I guess I shouldn't complain. If it was perfect, I am sure it wouldn't have been so cheap. I will call Alabama Bands tomorrow.

Called Alabama Bands this morning. Great people. Knew exactly what I had, and what needed to be done. The shop foreman said he would take the twist out of them. Heading to the post office after I finish this post. They are heading to BAMA.

That was quick. Man, you weren't kidding about the twist. I pictures something much less exaggerated.

i have a set that was just about as bad. i straightened them as best i could, but Alabama Bands said they would take care of the rest. they go in the mail tomorrow. once they get back, the Wild Wolf rebuild of last summer will be complete
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Almost got my bands back. They tried to deliver them COD, UPS. I explained to one of the ladies that I would be out of town for awhile and to please contact me before shipping. I guess she thought it would be ok to ship anyway. I just came out of the mountains from an elk hunt to a voice mail from them saying UPS had returned them as not deliverable. Oh well, I will need to straighten it out Tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread