What Attex do I have

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Attex do I have

What Attex do I have

How do ya know if you have a springer or thunder chief ect.. I have a 76 attex.. Anyone know what that would be called or how i can find out?

Quote Originally Posted by tony240z View Post
    How do ya know if you have a springer or thunder chief ect.. I have a 76 attex.. Anyone know what that would be called or how i can find out?

Tell us what engine it has. If it's the original, that'll tell us what model it is.

As far as I know, there's only one Attex springer discussed on this site, the famous "Yellow Spider". That's Whipper's machine. It's unique because most of the springers that I've seen on this site lost their ability to float when they were converted from the old machine. Springers are homemade. I don't believe any company ever produced them for the public...though I could be wrong.
    Banned

The engine that's in it isn't original, the guy i bought this off of said it had a 500 in it.. Thats all i know... How do i know what model it is? is it stamped somewhere?

As far as I know there's no way to tell the model once the engine's gone, but if it was a 500, it was originally a Superchief. The only models made in 1976 were the 500 (484 Chaparral) Superchief, the 250 (242 Chaparral) Spirit, and the 450 (OH160 Tecumseh) Tomahawk. You can tell the year of the machine by the serial number stamped on the right rear frame rail. the last two numbers, usually larger than the rest, are the model year.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Ok, thanks alot Don.. So i probably have a superchief.... i found the stamp on the frame rail that's how i knew it was a 76... I'll have to talk to the previous owner and see if he knows exactly what engine was in it... I do know it was a 500 though..

Hey

Tony240z ,
    I bet if you took a few pic's you would get alot more info from us that would help you out alot.

I have pics in the gallery, is there a way for me to get them from there to here...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked a the pics in the gallery- no way to tell for sure, but it was probably a Superchief. It had the factory snow plow set-up, too.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by tony240z View Post
    I have pics in the gallery, is there a way for me to get them from there to here...
    At the top of the gallery there is a link that says "Image gallery help". It takes you to this thread with everything you could want to know: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/chit-...-pictures.html

+ Reply to Thread