Some good people

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some good people

Some good people

Just out of curiosity, how long has this site been here? It's amazing, there are so many good people on here.. Usually when you get in a forum there are aways those special people if ya know what i mean.. It's been about three weeks now and i have nothing but good people... That's rare and i'm glad to be a part of this... Just felt the need to say all that...lol

Hey Tony, Mike set up this great site up in June. I agree with you, there are so many nice people and tons of excellent pictures and videos. I met some really great people on this site and built some really cool machines with everyone's helpful advice. Also, this site isnt set up for commercial purposes so there isnt censorship or removal of posts, and there arent any childish arguments either. I told Mike that when he first started the site that it would be the biggest and best AATV site on the net.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I think it's a great Site, mainly because it's composed of a lot of people who realize that the hobby is really composed of a small group of people when compared to a lot of other hobbies and message boards out there. We're all looking for help, advice, and tips to advance the sport. A lot of us collect/ride/restore the older machines, and realize that each and every machine that we can save is prolonging our interests that much more. I think we're all happy to help. The board isn't full of egos, or know it alls. A lot of folks here know more than they'd ever own up to, and are just waiting for the help to be asked of them. We're all encountering new problems, and come by new solutions as time goes on.

Each and every owner and machine we help out is another owner and machine and owner we get to ride with. We'll see you at the Ledges, Ohio ride in July '08! :o) You're just in Harrisburg.....you're obligated...

~m

Yeah, that's all what i was trying to say...lol No, arguements or no it alls, that kinda crap gets old and it's everywhere ya go...This is really quiet and laid back and VERY helpfull... And this is the only one that has all these qualities, atleast that i have found... I can't say that i woulda stuck with my sixwheeler had it not been for the help and knowledge you get here....

And as far as Ohio, i hope so.. I should have one done by then.. That's the whole idea for us is to get together and ride.. We've been into jeeps for a long time and always wanted to go to jamborees and stuff but there was always something... These things are great, you can load the family up in the 6 wheelers and go... That's awesome..

Tony, thanks for the kind words and I think Jeff and Mike both make some very good points. It seems that most people in this hobby enjoy seeing others enjoy it as well if that makes any sense. I think we all share the same frustrations; having such a great hobby that many people know nothing about. A hobby that doesn't have a common connector where we can all meet and enjoy it with each other. It's one thing to own an AATV but to own one and share your experiences with other owners makes the hobby 10 times better.

Also, at times it felt like this hobby was slipping away for good but then you meet others that share your same passion and you immediately get that excitement back. What's a hobby if you don't have anybody to share it with right?

Anyway, everyone here has been incredible and if it weren't for the knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people that hang out here, this site would be nothing but thankfully we have awesome members.

And like Mike said, a lot of our members here know much more about this hobby than they will ever let on, but when they do chime in they do so in a friendly, ego-free, and helpful way. There is more knowledge about AATVs on this board than you could ever want. Now we just have to extract it for everyone to read

I know I say this often but it's true, the members make the site and we have some of the best! Thanks everyone!

I commend Mike for hosting a great site. Everyone here is very helpful and there is no bashing of any sorts. It's a real pleasure to surf the site without viewing spam or bitching rants. It's also very nice to view the photos in the gallery and insert pictures into a discussion to help people with their problems.

If Mike would only get off his but and get us some bumper stickers, we will spread the word about this great site

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    If Mike would only get off his but and get us some bumper stickers, we will spread the word about this great site
    I know right? I really am working on it. I was hoping for middle of this month but that is probably going to get pushed back to 1st of the year. I'm hurrying though...I promise!

What took so long??

You should of had it done yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Other things are more important than work Mike.
    See if you had them done you wouldnt have to work so hard at both jobs you could just sell stickers.LOL (NOT)
    Whats one more month going to hurt?

I have only been a member a very short time, from what I have read this is a great site, great people. I appreciate the other site but here you can get excited about your machine no matter what the flavor. I was first exposed to AAtv in the early 70's while stationed in Alaska. I traded my machine (attex) for a camper. We regretted (wife&I) that decision. Now we have a MAX IV and are loving it like newly weds again. I am looking forward to meeting everyone .

Snappy, every now and then there are rides in the Western New York area and some small towns that are close to the NY/ PA border. You should come join us sometime. As soon as there is a ride that will be taking place you will see it posted up in the events section of the forum.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread