Mud Slingers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mud Slingers

Mud Slingers

Have any of you guys ever tried putting a set of Mud Slingers on a 6x6.
    I have a couple sets for my quads, but they are made for 10" rims, and will not fit my 6x6 or 8x8.
    Just wondering.

Those look like a really good idea! Do you know if they make them for a 12" rim of of the 10" rim ones would fit on a 12" rim? I would love to try these for water performance on my Hustler Big Foot! Do you have any links as to where I could buy some? Also, how do they attach?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I searched Google and here's the site: Mud Slingers ATV Mud Paddles

Rock Doctor, do they work well in the mud on your quads? I wouldn't mind trying to make a set for the max just to see how they do in the water. We need detailed pictures and dimensions. How do they mount?

What happens if you try to squeeze between a tree with those on?

I remember when these first came out, they were all the rage. People found out quickly that they get tore off easily and on an atv are no help. On the other hand, on a AATV they would be a huge help in water because part of the tire is out of the water.

Those rims are 11" on that 300.

I've had mine on for over 8yrs and have never ripped any of the paddles off, they do help in the Muskeg quite a bit especially when pulling a trailer. They were given to me as a Demo Set, and I was asked to try to wreck them, I understand that the Rubber Compound was changed shortly before they were sent to me, Maybe that has something to do with it.

Both of my Honda 300's are on there original rims, and they are 10" (between the two of them I have replaced tires 5 times). One is a '89 and the other is a '96

This is the kind of terrain I spend alot of time in:
    Last edited by Rock Doctor; 07-09-2007 at 04:42 PM.

That looked like an awesome place to ride. Why did you leave the Argo there for so long?

Mostly scheduling issues, and partly Spring Breakup/High water (I could not get across one Creek).
    I went in solo on the quad to fix and bring the Argo out (broken front left axle), so I could take the family on a fishing trip, and had to leave my quad there (where the Argo was), My quad is still there now. Hopefully I will be able to go get it soon. The quad has been there now since the beginning of June.
    I'm starting my Vacation tomorrow, but have quite a few plans, with luck I will be able to go get it sometime in the next 3 weeks or so, with even more luck it will still be there when I go to get it.

I'm not trying to start trouble, but every honda 4wd atv has came with at least 11" rims because anything smaller wont fit the drums.

BTW I have owned a few 300s and they all had stock rims that were 11"
    Last edited by gotmuddy; 07-09-2007 at 10:20 PM.

THAT is a cool video! I've been through Pseudo-Muskeg in parts of the Adirondack mountains here in New York State. It's on a much smaller scale, but the general idea is the same. I was just hiking, so I didn't have to worry about any machines.

It's very cool how you just "come up" on a giant Argo 8-wheeler out in the middle of east Jahunga. It looks like a nice quiet place to fix an axle. I hope the flies/mosquitos weren't that bad. Again, very cool video.

~m

P.S. Just leave the quad out there.... The bears'll learn how to drive it sooner or later...

gotmuddy;
    I'm not trying to start trouble, but every honda 4wd atv has came with at least 11" rims because anything smaller wont fit the drums.
    Not to worry buddy, I have been wrong before, and probably will be again. Not sure why I would have the #'s buggered up in my head, and to be honest, I will have to actually look at my bikes when I can to see it for myself, lol
    You definatly have me questioning my own sanity; maybe my wife is right, maybe I am going crazy.
    Later
    RD

+ Reply to Thread