Mud Slingers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mud Slingers

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Not to worry buddy, I have been wrong before, and probably will be again. Not sure why I would have the #'s buggered up in my head, and to be honest, I will have to actually look at my bikes when I can to see it for myself, lol
    You definatly have me questioning my own sanity; maybe my wife is right, maybe I am going crazy.
    Later
    RD
    Here is a list of part numbers and sizes for the wheels that came on a 300trxFW:

1988: RIM, FR. (11X6.5AT)
    44701-HC5-000

1989: RIM, FR. (11X6.5AT)
    44701-HC4-000

1990-1991: RIM, FR. (11X6.5AT)
    44701-HC5-000

1992: RIM, FR. (11X6.5 AT)
    44701-HC5-900

1993-2000: WHEEL SET, FR.
    44650-HM5-850

From 1993-2000 it doesnt list the size of the rim but since the tire has a 11" rim size the rim must be 11":

TIRE (23X8-11)
    44710-HC4-901

I have owned at least 4 300trx's over the years, 3 of which I still own. I consider myself an....authority on them

Alright, I finally made it close enough to one of my bikes, I believe you. I still had to leave the bike about 8 miles from the nearest road, but I did get to it. Not only that, but I ended up having to leave my Argo with the Quad. Now I have to retrieve 2 machines from the bush when i have time.
    Oh well, I will get this worked out sometime

That is awesome video

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I've had mine on for over 8yrs and have never ripped any of the paddles off, they do help in the Muskeg quite a bit especially when pulling a trailer. They were given to me as a Demo Set, and I was asked to try to wreck them, I understand that the Rubber Compound was changed shortly before they were sent to me, Maybe that has something to do with it.

Both of my Honda 300's are on there original rims, and they are 10" (between the two of them I have replaced tires 5 times). One is a '89 and the other is a '96

This is the kind of terrain I spend alot of time in:
    YouTube - Quading in to fix Argo
    Rock Doc, that video is absolutely awesome. You lucky guy living there with such great places to ride! Those paddles also look totally awesome. I would let to try some on my MaxIv but I would be afraid my axles would snap on my Suzuki Vincent. Again AWESOME!!!!! SEND US SOME MORE OF THIS STUFF!!!!!

Awesome. AWESOME VIDEO!!

Rock Doc That is an awesome video and you are lucky to live in a place with such cool places to ride!!! I am going to try the mud slingers on my Max Iv but I am afraid they would snap the axles on my Suzuki Vincent! Now that I think of it the Koreans used something that looked very much like the mud slingers on there small tractors for working in the rice fields back in the earley 80's, but they were made out of metal and looked like small shovels that ran parallel to the tires. Needless to say those small tractors didn't get stuck in that very soft mud.

+ Reply to Thread