Argo Open Water Speed With Outboard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Argo Open Water Speed With Outboard

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger2506 View Post
    Are you guys getting GPS speeds or guessing? I'm not seeing anywhere near what you guys are saying. I'm seeing 2.2 mph GPS with a 24v 74# trolling motor on a Argo Conquest 8x8
    2.2 mph up current or against the wind?? My Max goes double that on the water with just the tires. I would think a 74# motor would take you to at least 5 knots. There are many factors that will determine your ultimate top speed. Prop design (3 or 4 blade, weedless or not), prop depth, how high you float in the water, tire drag, weight, etc..
    Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 08-01-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Hi I have a 8 hp on my 6x6 argo the best speed is 6.8 km/h by gps ,the out board is fitted with a 4 blade push prop for more torque ,putting more hp on the back will just weigh more but not get you any more speed as the argo is a displacement hull and restricted to slow speed .

Quote Originally Posted by oz argo View Post
    Hi I have a 8 hp on my 6x6 argo the best speed is 6.8 km/h by gps ,the out board is fitted with a 4 blade push prop for more torque ,putting more hp on the back will just weigh more but not get you any more speed as the argo is a displacement hull and restricted to slow speed .
    Exactly what I wanted to hear and have confirmed. That is still plenty of speed for me in an Argo to get across a large open body of water or river with a current. I don't really plan to go upriver much but would like to cross a large river where I live to access some good areas on the other side for hunting.

I have posted some vids on youtube search argo down under and click on Mark blackburn

Thanks for the videos!

And thank you for your videos Sparx. A true Escargo rider.
    I will follow in your footsteps.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread