Does my T-20 Driver Clutch look Ok?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does my T-20 Driver Clutch look Ok?

Does my T-20 Driver Clutch look Ok?

I just cleaned the T-20's driver clutch and was amazed at how dirty it really was. It went from black on both outer sides to shiny metal However, I am slightly concerned about the inner sheaves. There is slight pitting on the top edge of the inner sheaves in a couple of places. Will this cause a problem? They are smooth so I don't think they would catch or tear the belt but wanted some expert opinions. Thanks,
    Al
    Attached Images

That does look to be pitted a good bit but at least it's not all the way to the center. If I were you I would use a wire brush on a drill to get rid of as much of that rust / roughness as possible. Then just run it and keep a careful eye on your belt for a while. It should function properly but the downside is that it may chew up your belt. I am currently running one that was in about the same shape and have noticed that compared to a good clutch on my other machine the belt has worn on its edges a little more. Maybe one of the clutch experts on the board will chime in with their recommendation.

Ok, I'll try to work on it some more. Can the clutch be split apart? I haven't seen much discussion about opening them up, but if I could break it down, it would be easy to clean it up better. I just don't want parts flying everywhere and then needing a special tool to put it all back together Let me know.
    Al

I believe there was a post by jerserybigfoot and george that had a video in it detailing how to pull one apart and put it back together. Look through the transmission forum here in the advanced search using their usernames. You really don't have to take it apart though. You should be able to rotate the clutch halves away from each other and put something in there to keep them apart while you wire brush them.

here you go.

Last edited by Mike; 09-06-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: embedded video
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks for the video. I will give it a try...

+ Reply to Thread