Alabama Bands

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama Bands

Quote Originally Posted by arp35 View Post
    I just boxed up my bands and then I thought to myself... I hope it is obvious which bands go where when they come back. Is it??? Are there two left and two right side bands? Meaning you can't mix up the rights from lefts but the two on each side are the same? Let me know!
    Al
    it is possible to screw them up. i've heard that if you get the wrong bands in the wrong side, the t-20 will work backward and then tear up the drums and bands. just follow the rebuilding article and pay close attention to which side the plungers go on, and which direction the bands run from the anchor to plunger and you you will be fine. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...kid-steer.html
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

richards band thickness when purchased for bruiser

jeffery9076
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Articles Send Email

Master Mudder

Took reading of my new t-20 bands was 0.109" i will take a few more readings and post them
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 03-30-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    it is possible to screw them up. i've heard that if you get the wrong bands in the wrong side, the t-20 will work backward and then tear up the drums and bands. just follow the rebuilding article and pay close attention to which side the plungers go on, and which direction the bands run from the anchor to plunger and you you will be fine. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...kid-steer.html
    Thanks Racer, I just reviewed the assembly procedures and I am pretty sure I know what needs to be done. However, I am sure I will have questions though when I get my bands back

Guess what I got from UPS today :(

UPS dropped off a familiar box today. It was the same box I mailed my four T-20 bands to Alabama Bands in last Thursday. At first I thought holey crap I must of mailed them to myself But then I noticed the label was to me but from Alabama Bands, so then I thought...wow that was an amazing turn around time. So guess what I find in the box. My four bands with a letter from Alabama Bands It says that due to a corporate decision, they will no longer re-line bands from individuals with ATV bands due to problems it causes to their regular production lines. It says to contact a company called Dane Enterprises in New Albany, IN. I will give this other place a call tomorrow. I'll post their answer.

Bummer.At least they pointed you in another direction.The only problem I have is what problem could they have doing this service.Maybe it's more involved time wise?

Richard Clark is in New Albany

Hmmm. There goes a reasonably priced relining job.

I think the difference is buying 40 relined bands at a time vs buying 4 at a time. I'm sure that's the corporate decision.

if you ever get a check back from Richards for your core on bands, it comes from Dane Enterprises. i'm willing to bet he caught wind of people getting them done and asked alabama bands not to do them. if he is a big enough account, i'm sure they were more than willing to block all of us out.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    if you ever get a check back from Richards for your core on bands, it comes from Dane Enterprises. i'm willing to bet he caught wind of people getting them done and asked alabama bands not to do them. if he is a big enough account, i'm sure they were more than willing to block all of us out.
    That's exactly what my first thoughts were.

I could reline these myself if I knew what friction material it is, where to get it, what adhesive they use and what procedure for prepping the metal prior to bonding. In the past I have been successful relining the Terra Tiger clutches but with different material.

I have searched the web hoping to find these ingredients but came up short. So if any of you has some insite to this please do tell.

Somehow I feel like we are being held hostige again forcing us to go to a "prefered" supplier.

+ Reply to Thread