quick question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: quick question

I would go Kenworth. Old cat c15 or 3406. Even a cummins n14 with at least 435+. Just dont go new cat. Your milage should be in the 9mpg range or better bob tailed and probably wont go down much at all pulling 10,000lbs of amphibious machines.

Larry had a good suggestion but this is better for the teenage driver. Its got everything...Its safe, and a luxurious Rolls Royce engine, not sure the pulling power, did I mention how safe it is.
    Daimler Ferret British Armoured Recon Vehicle: eBay Motors (item 110582769912 end time Sep-12-10 16:56:14 PDT)
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Larry had a good suggestion but this is better for the teenage driver. Its got everything...Its safe, and a luxurious Rolls Royce engine, not sure the pulling power, did I mention how safe it is.
    Daimler Ferret British Armoured Recon Vehicle: eBay Motors (item 110582769912 end time Sep-12-10 16:56:14 PDT)
    That dont look to safe for us pedestrians on the sidewalks, lol.

thanks for all the replies guyz,I dont have much to work with,we're talkin' like up to 5 or 6 tho.maby not even.all i'm doin right now for money is cuttin grass.(not much)but what i'm lookin for is big,want a diesel,not good in gas-mileage though.i found a nice older doge though,either doge,ford(1 or 250)and mayby a chevy?Just somethin HUGE!!!

later,bud
    "Ooo, neckties.....contracts.....HIGH VOLTAGE!!"

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Your young get something completely impractical like a unimog or some other army surplus monstrousity.
    amen drew . unimog gets my vote . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Thanks, guys. He's already making me crazy with every Swap Sheet and classified ad he can find. "Look, Dad; it's a '92 and only 6 thousand dollars!" He needs no encouragement! It will be nice when he can pull a second trailer to Ashtabula, though. We'll bring spares for nubies to race.
    This was the one post i was waiting for! Don i remember the searching and assorted conversations with the children about their first vehicles. Thank goodness that part is over. Good luck pal!

Bud get a little Ford Range/S-10 with a small trailer and you can pull your own Attex to the events and afford the gas to get there. They are very affordable and very nice looking vehicles. Shiny new rims and tires, and while all the rest are in the gas line you will be cruising with your MIB sunglasses.

As a new driver, you should research the cost of insurance of various trucks, along with fuel economy. You Need insurance, and a truck is no good if you have to get your "buddies" to chip in for gas when you want to go out.
    Personally, I'd take something that has some dents/dings with relatively low miles vs something that looks pretty, but is going to need a lot of mechanical repairs within a couple of years.
    Here's one for sale locally:
    00 GMC SL3500 4 Dr. Crew cab, Long bed, V8 diesel, Auto, 4x4, Canopy, Hit frt end, Driver bag ok, Red $3,800 99K
    Rebuildable Trucks

Hood, grille, ft bumper all common and cheap.

ive got a long narrow trailer that hauls 5 Maxs at once and i use a 2009 F150 XLT 5.4 to haul them around , got just over 150,000 km (100,000miles) and all ive done is oilchanges and 1 wheel alignment , darn good gas milage ,cant complain at all
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

I would talk your father into buying a nice new dually,diesel, long bed and just give you his truck. It's a win, win for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread