ATTEX- Is it worth it?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATTEX- Is it worth it?

ATTEX- Is it worth it?

Found 25 year old Attex with Chaparral 484cc motor with 100 hours on it, good condition, color -green, windshield, cover, roll bar, has 4 original tires and 2 newer wheels with steel rims for $2500 -- Is it worth it? Let me know!! Thank You
    Last edited by pacrat; 12-09-2007 at 08:43 PM.

If it runs well, the transmission works as it should and the body's in good shape, I'd say yes. It wouldn't hurt to send in some pictures to the board and make sure it's a Superchief and not an older model someone slipped a 484 into. The market on used Attexes has slowed down quite a bit in the last year or so and you may be able to make a counter offer to the seller, too.

Good luck with it.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks Don - Can I tell from the serial/model no. if it's really a Superchief?

Quote Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
    Thanks Don - Can I tell from the serial/model no. if it's really a Superchief?
    You also might want to look at ebay, there is a nice Supercheif that looks like it needs just a little TLC.......if the one you're looking at doesnt work out you could probably get the one on ebay for a good price. Good luck with it.

eBay Motors: Attex amphibious 6 wheeler ATV (item 320193631744 end time Dec-15-07 07:07:26 PST)
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

You can tell the year, and therefore have a good idea as to what the model is. The last two numbers stamped are usually a little larger than the rest, and they designate the year of manufacture. If it's 76 or higher, it's a polyethylene body and the more durable.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

That attex on ebay is about 10 minutes from me.. That sucks, i have no ebay account but i want that thing...lol hmmmmm, Doesnt end for 4 days 15 hours... I think i'm gonna get my brother to try to get it, he's an ebayer... I want that attex...lol

Tony, that Attex on ebay sure would be a nice machine. Just a little TLC and you would be on the trails in no time.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I agree, i aready called my brother, he emailed the guy.. We are just gonna go from there... I imagine it's gonna go for quite a bit on ebay... I have price that i'm willing to go to so we'll just have to see.... but man do i want that...lol Actually, my boys want it.. I told them if we could find one under a certain price i would buy it for them for x-mas so their as excited as i am... These things are hard to find but finding one under 1000.00 is even harder...lol

I was going to bid on that one but I got the feeling that yesterday's high bidder was a friend from this forum.

That is one sweet looking machine. Maybe one of the nicest looking machines not being sold by a member of this forum. My guess is that it'll sell pretty high...

Anyone have a nice HDPE tub they want to sell?
    Banned

Ebay's nothing if not a fair market. Whoever wants it, should bid on it! 'Never any hard feelings on this end, George. I was outbid this morning, but boy, is that a nice looking SC or what? ....and it's not an eight-hour drive, either!

+ Reply to Thread