need help on what kind of driver clutch???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help on what kind of driver clutch???

Question need help on what kind of driver clutch???

I got a 196? pug with a 12 briggs&stratton it has no driver cutch on the motor its a 1inch shaft with a 1/4 keyway been looking at clutches on craigslist found a comet 40 dont know if it will work-and dont want to waste my time or money so any help would be great.If anyone knows of a cheap clutch or a few different model that work let me in on it thanks

it mostly depends on the width of your belt
    If you can't fly you might as well float...

As twinke stated the width of the belt but also the diameter of the pulley. Comet 40's are smaller 5" and something. That wont let you get the max speed if the machine needs a 7" something clutch on it. I cant remember the fraction but think the 5 was 5 1/4" and the 7 was 7 1/4". Anyways that makes a huge difference in top end speed. Comet 40's are also design to run a 7/8th belt but with modification can run 15/16" and mabe even 1" but thats pushing it to the limits.

Great it didnt have a belt on it when i got it so now got to figure out the belt width ha ha ha

Your best bet is to get a matched set. My pug had a speed sensitive driven on it instead of our conventional torque sensing driven. I had some belt issues with my original and if I still had it, I would have found a matched set with the torque sensitive driven. If you measure the width of the transmission clutch (driven clutch) you can tell what width belt you need. I needed to draw my arrangement on AutoCAD so I could get a good measurement of what I needed.

+ Reply to Thread