Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

Mighty Max's new Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

Every knows that I have been waiting for the Admiral transmission to come out in a 6x6 Frontier. The Frontier has always been my favorite machine and I have a lot of chances to see how capable these machines are running in the mud and swamp with Lee's Mudbug equipped machine and Heaths stock Frontier. Wow, what a machine. I have always liked the low range transmission and the pulling power of the Argo.

Well my time has arrived, the introduction of the Admiral in the in the Frontier, the new 25" swimming tires, heavy duty bearings, but the final decision was made over the new swimming tracks available from Adair Argo. Now I can use a track system in the impossible mud and swamp down here. Fallen trees under the water have always limited where I could go and what I could do. These new swimming tracks will resolve that issue and I am looking forward to going into those impossible places that have always presented problems. Some of these places require you to swim a 1/2 mile wide river and these new tracks Will make it possible.

So now I have a new 650 HD with hardwood camo, winch, brush guard, smooth riding 25" swimming tires, Low range transmission, but more important than all of that is the new swimming tracks, 14 1/2 inches wide, 1 1/8 inch cleats, 12 inches of ground clearance, a projected 4 mph swim speed. I simply can't wait.

The plan is to have the machine delivered to me in East Texas for the Amphibious mud run October 23th. I can't wait. Lots of video and lots of high lifted quads eating crow. OMG, this is the machine I have been waiting for someone to build.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.

mightymaxIV

I,m really looking forward to our amphibious group ride the weekend of October 23rd ,at River Run , atv park in Texas. Between all of us going there, we,ll have lots of amphibious action to post about on the forum ,and with lots of video,s too! Myself and three other Argo drivers are really looking forward to seeing an Argo HDI , Frontier in the mud with these tracks on it.

Dan:
    Congrat's on the new Argo. I've always admired the build quality of those machines, and with the new transmission all my reservations about Argo are gone.
    I can't wait to see that machine in action in the ETX. It'll be a ride for the record books. I hope we have some other folks decide to come too.

Noel

Could not be better news Dan! I haven't seen a 6 wheel Frontier HDI yet but the Admiral tranny has been on the market long enough now to be well tested.

That machine with the swimming tracks is for sure the cutting edge. We all wait for your reports. Again,congratulations Dan.

That's great, Dan. Guess I'll hang an old tire off the back of my Response as a bumper, you can follow and push me through the rough stuff.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Argo 650 HD with Swimming Tracks

with tracks from front.jpgwith tracks from back.jpgNats039.jpgNats041.jpg

The first two pictures show what ground clearance on my HD 650 is going to look like. Alright now just imagine that ground clearance with those biting tracks and low PSI, throw in an admiral transmission with the ability to counter rotate and I will be going through the mud holes that look like the third and fourth pictures. I think I have died and gone to mudders heaven.

Here is the video of the swimmer tracks

http://www.youtube.com/user/ARGOAVEN.../0/Gm5XcFsESvU

Roger, I have seen you and your machine in the mud, you seem to aways find a way to do what no one else can or will do.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 09-26-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Dan, just a question for you. I have a 2010 Frontier 650 6x6 - great machine, with 25 inch Avenger tires. Will the Adair tracks fit over the 25 inch tires, with clearances? Or do you need the 24 inch tires?

RWT

I asked Tim that very same question and this is what he told me. Lay a 2x4 board across the top of your tires ,and then see how much tub clearance that you have left over. 1 1/8" inches of ground clearance is gained with his tracks over your tires.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-26-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Extension options-track options

RTW-you still have another option if you want to run the 25" tires on your Frontier and here it is, custom made wheel extensions, these are one and half inches wide and would resolve your issues. With this system RTW you would have an unstopable Frontier.
    Attached Images

Dan can't wait to see your vids of your new 650hd I think alot of poeple are waiting to see what the machine can do,heck argo should give you a discount for all the machines you will sell for them.

+ Reply to Thread