Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

Tim sent me an email saying that he is going to bring Dan,s Argo Frontier with his tracks on it, plus two other older, Argo Bigfoot models with his tracks on them as well! Every amphib coming to this event will all have aggressive mud tires on them ,with the exception of two Super Swamp Fox,s that will have Terra tires on them. We should have lots of video comparisons to show what works best,and in what conditions at River Run park. October looks like it will be a weekend to remember!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-26-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Every amphib coming to this event will all have aggressive mud tires on them

Wrong, forgot about me But as Matt's Dad once coined a phrase while stuck in a hole, "I'm not proud, pull my A** out!"
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

be careful with running 25" tires with tracks we have ran into some problems with 25" avenger tires bieng greater than 79" circumfrence and this leads to tracks hitting the tub and will wear a hole in the tub after a while.

Thank you, I will watch that very carefully. I did consider the rawhide III's but I really don't like those tires. Do you think that will be a problem with this particular track design?

Do the Junkman and Tim have any comments about whether the avenger "runamuk" style tires have trouble coming off the rim at low psi on factory wheels? Is there a minimum psi needed to keep them mounted? I know argo must have changed the 8" wheel, 'cause the frontier tire stays mounted even when flat, but won't do the same on older 8" argo wheels. Wondering if they fixed the 9" wheels also.

Just asking because Lewis has trouble with the new tires on an older avenger.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

[ QUOTE ] ' I know argo must have changed the 8" wheel, 'cause the frontier tire stays mounted even when flat.'

Roger

I talked to Tim about that subject ,and he told me that Argo must have changed the 9 inch rims , because he has run the 25 inch tires with no air and the tires have stayed on the rim.

i have seen in the past where the 25 " tires would not come off the rim but loose a tight seal and start to leak air but a good coat of bead sealer or hi tack took care of it right now i have 16 avenger tires that are too large for tracks they are 80 inches in circumfrence or greater i just had a hdi show up with a tub that was destroyed due to tracks hitting so be careful are these tracks from adair argo new from argo or are they made from him?

These are the new swimming tracks engineered and designed by Adair. Watch the videos posted earlier under swimming tracks, these things are very fast in the water and Tim has already told me there will not be any clearance issues.

thejunkman

The tracks that mightymaxIV is ordering on his Argo Frontier , are the tracks made by Tim Schefer at Adair Argo

Congrats Dan on your new machine. I hope it is everything that you expect. The Admiral trans is a great transmission and seems to have raised the bar on the Argo performance. Take lots of videos of the machine as is bull dogs through the mud.
    One question, are you running the 25 inch Avenger tires because i am hearing you speak of the Argo 25 inch tires?

Again congrats on the new machine.
    Lewis

+ Reply to Thread