Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

Lewis

I,ll probably be the one shooting most of the video when we meet up at River Run ,atv park. You can be sure that I,ll get lots of video of the three Argo,s with Tim,s tracks on them! Dan is having Tim install the same 25 inch tires that come on the Argo HDI. Tim calls these tires HDI tires.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Lewis, right the 25" Avenger tire made by Carlisle. Looking at almost 12" of ground clearance! Whhhhoooooooooo! cannot wait!

Also dan Argo now has a heavy duty belt offered for the admiral you may want to spend a small amount and pick one of these up the belt has cogs on top and bottom for better cooling .

Thanks Junkman, good idea.

Look at this video and imagine a 6x6 with an Admiral transmission, tracks that swim over 4 MPH, 1 1/8 cleats. It's a brave new world for amphibious vehicles. My machine will make short work of this mud hole or any other, with or without water. High lifted quads are about to become obsolete.

Yep, the Adair tracks that are going on your Argo , HDI Frontier, will swim right through a bad mud hole like this like it was,nt even there. lol.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-29-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Have you thought far enough ahead to.. MERENGO swamp run and that nasty hole. To the crowd.. "Ya'll stand back so ya don't get hurt"
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Roger, I would love to do the Merango swamp run or the Mud Nationals. Wow!

mightymaxIV

Mud Creek is where they hold the main mud national. This is also the biggest atv event held in the US. Earlier this year in june, 18,000 people showed up. This atv park in only about 8 miles away from River Run atv park , where we are going in october. This event would be an exellent place to show case your Argo with the Adair tracks on it in the 1/8 mile , water endurance race. The water in this race is about waist deep, and the water race is an 1/8 of a mile one way and then back again.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-30-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Got a call from Tim today, my Argo has been built and should be at his shop by next Friday. I got a free bilge pump because they drilled the holes for the pump before they realized the order didn't call for it. The picture gives you a good idea of what the 14" tracks look like inside, how they interface with the tires and why they are able to grab so much traction in the mud. The side cleats will actually help propel the machine in bad mud conditions. It is exciting beyond belief that these tracks are going to swim so well and will only add 160 pounds to the machine!

Oh, by the way the side pieces are for the experimental snow track! They are going to the best!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-06-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Got a call from Tim today, my Argo has been built and should be at his shop by next Friday. I got a free bilge pump because they drilled the holes for the pump before they realized the order didn't call for it. The picture gives you a good idea of what the 14" tracks look like inside, how they interface with the tires and why they are able to grab so much traction in the mud. The side cleats will actually help propel the machine in bad mud conditions. It is exciting beyond belief that these tracks are going to swim so well and will only add 160 pounds to the machine!

Oh, by the way the side pieces are for the experimental snow track! They are going to the best!
    it's getting a lot better; now it will be on par with the argo 18" super tracks.

but to be truthful, the guys with the 20" rubber tracks keep towing us (with any plastic tracks) in deep snow or going uphill

I really want to see your review when you go in deep powdery snow (like the rubber tracks video on the adair website)

it is very interesting for all of us.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread