My new to me MaxII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My new to me MaxII

OK all, The only think I have left is to straiten out the wiring and rebuild the carb, it started running bad for sum resin but not a problem. I have extra rebuild kit's for that and only takes me 20 minutes to do the job. I will have it all ready buy this Friday night.
    the only thing I have to make is a cover for over the motor, I just don't know what kind of cover i want.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Nice work there, looks like it's coming along nicely! I am curious where you got the LP Flex Pipe, I have to replace a flex pipe on my Attex.
    UP-DATE, The LP flex pipe did not last long on my Timex. half way threw my ride it gave out and I had to relocate my muffler to on the motor to finish out my ride today in PA,

I also broke an axle and will finish making a new one Tuesday. all in all the Timex did good today and the winch mount and body band worked good.
    By the end of the month I hope the Timex will be back in full operation.

Quote Originally Posted by FREQ42 View Post
    UP-DATE, The LP flex pipe did not last long on my Timex. half way threw my ride it gave out and I had to relocate my muffler to on the motor to finish out my ride today in PA,

I also broke an axle and will finish making a new one Tuesday. all in all the Timex did good today and the winch mount and body band worked good.
    By the end of the month I hope the Timex will be back in full operation.
    Well, sorry to hear that, but glad you at least finished the ride (on 5 wheels ?) I wish I could have made it, but he does that ride a few times a year it seems. I will make a ride again, it has to happen, the odds are in my favor, eventually
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

getting ready for the snow.

Well I took this last Thursday and installed the new axle and repaired the muffler setup then installed the tracks for the snow.
    After working most of the day outside in 26 degrees I found out that I burnt my wrist on the flex pipe? I never felt it till I went inside to clean up and found this big blister on my arm, o-well. anyways can sum won tell me just how much air I'm to have in my tiers to keep the tracks on?
    they keep coming off when I'm sideways on a small hill or when turning.

DSC_2747.jpgDSC_2750.jpgDSC_2744.jpg

Like the looks of those tracks. Who are they made by? If homemade I really got to build some.

Quote Originally Posted by quintonhall View Post
    Like the looks of those tracks. Who are they made by? If homemade I really got to build some.

Looking good! Those tracks are factory Recreatives Max tracks.......these style of tracks were available in the 80's and 90's.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Looks like they would do well in mud and water, much like the adairs

Quote Originally Posted by quintonhall View Post
    Looks like they would do well in mud and water, much like the adairs
    Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Looking good! Those tracks are factory Recreatives Max tracks.......these style of tracks were available in the 80's and 90's.
    Yup they cam with my max but one of the spacers wear missing and i had to call RI for a new one.
    I'm running the air in the tiers at about 10psi to keep them on the wheels, any lower and the track tries to walk off the tiers.
    I have gone over sum log's with no problem but have not tried them in mud yet. I'm thinking of taking it up the road to the swamp to try it out.

Well I went yesterday to RI and got new rim's & 22x11-8 Maxxis sur track tires to update the Timex and while there I also got a blemished green top with headlight for it also.

_DSC2862.jpg_DSC2880.jpg_DSC2874.jpg

they had a couple in camo and blue but chose green only do to it was cut out already with the options i have.
    I installed the wheels and gave it a quick spin around the block. WOW what an improvement from my old tire's.

_DSC2885.jpg

When I was at RI I also got replacement guide cleats for my track's that i broke on the last PA ride.

_DSC2896.jpg

I now have only 6 weeks left till Busco Beach to change the top, install the new bearings, tune up or change the motor to a 25hp Kohler, install a hitch on the RV + get a trailer to haul the Timex.

How much did they (RI) get for 1 guide cleat? I am thinking of buying or making some to make a set of tracks.

+ Reply to Thread