Land Tamer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Land Tamer

Comparably a diesel Mudd Ox outfitted with cab and tracks is $38,000. The land Tamer outfitted with cab and tracks will be a little more. Regardless it looks like a trip to Montana is in order to check em out in person and go for a spin.

Still if anyone happens along here who has personal experience with them please give me some feedback either here or at xxldsl@yahoo.com. Thanks guys, I'm enjoying the site!

In my opinion this all gets down to what your particular needs are when you buy an amphibious machine. I,m not into hauling heavy loads, taking lots of camping gear with me, or taking several hunting buddies with me either. What I like about the Mudd-Ox in comparison with a Land Tamer in the same price range, is where I can take it. The Mudd-Ox is slimmer side to side than the Land Tamer, so its much more suitable for people like myself who often take their amphibs to atv parks. If you install the exellent swimming tracks sold by Adair Argo on a Mudd-Ox , you,ll have about 14 1/2" inches of ground clearance. I looked up the specifications on the Land Tamer RS model ,and noticed that it does,nt use any chains to drive the wheels.

A pair of powerful Eaton 6000 Series hydraulic motors is connected to parallel reduction gearboxes which are coupled to a set of right angle gearboxes at each axle on each side of the vehicle. This parallel gearbox is coupled to a common drive shaft that supplies equal torque to all axles on each side of the vehicle. Benefits: This system allows maximum torque to all wheels no matter which tires have the most traction with the ground. Maximum torque from the engine and pumps can be delivered no matter how many wheels are off the ground as when crossing ditches or large obstacles! Virtually no maintenance or adjustments are required either!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 10-06-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Hey Mudbug, the Mudd Ox still has my interest as well as it has great reviews up here from owners and is very capable off road. The width on the Ox is 57" isn't it? Is that outside of wheels or outside of tub? The Tamer RS is 60" outside of tub with the wheels adding a couple more and tracks a little more yet.
    It sounds like your very pleased with your Ox do you have any good and bads you would care to share?

The Mudd-Ox is 58 inches wide. Just a couple of inches of side to side clearance can make a big difference lots of times when trying to drive between the heavy tree growth in the wetlands of Lousiiana.

+ Reply to Thread