Home made clutch adjustment tools

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home made clutch adjustment tools

Home made clutch adjustment tools

I was having problems getting my tranny adjusted properly and had thought about buying the clutch tools that RR sells for $25.00 a pair. Instead I found two old cheap Chinese wrenches and ground down the sides until they would slide in behind the plunger bolt head but in front of the small rectangular bolt holder in the U channel. Once the two tools are in place behind the top and bottom bolt of the left or right side U channel. You just use a thin walled 9/16" socket and tighten them down to about 20 inches/pounds of torque. Notice I said inches/pounds NOT foot/pounds. Anyway, they seemed to work and the plungers appear better adjusted. I now have about 5/16" difference in movement between the top/bottom of each plungers in the same U channel. Also notice I now have wheels/tires on my Hustler with everything aligned/locked down Now I just need my engine to go in, I imagine this will be a challenge. I did get the new 1" crankshaft today to replace the Frankenstein one on there now (1 7/16" with a step down welded on to a 1" shaft). Well getting closer to living the dream
    Last edited by arp35; 10-05-2010 at 12:15 PM.

That is a good solution. Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread