Attex headlights

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex headlights

Attex headlights

What is the easiest way to remove/ change 295 headlights? I just picked one up, and neither work?

Hey Troy...

They should pop right out (in) of the rubber grommets by pressing inward on the light toward the inside of the machine. Place one hand on the inside, and try to just press one side of the light in. The old rubber tends to stiffen up over the years, so it may be a bit tough. When you go to reinstall, put the rubber grommets in a pot of hot water before putting them back in; it makes the rubber substantially more pliable.

Are both filaments toast on your headlamps? check to see that the L-shaped connectors on the lights are attched well. They tend to rattle off if it was a bad solder job. Easily fixable witha soldering gun, though. I believe that the original Attex lights are only 15watts each, and I don't know if there's a viable replacment out there with this low wattage. They only pull about 1.25 amps, each at that wattage. You may overload your charging system if you throw in something larger. You may want to double check the continuity of each lamp to make sure they're both junk, first.

Good luck....
    ~m

you can warm up the rubber grommet with a heat gun before you try to push the bulb out and that usually helps. i ran the 35 watt bulbs (got them at tractor supply for $12.95 each) in my 295 with no charging issues during the short time it had the JLO in it...

replacement bulbs might not have the correct terminal on them. i just cut the end of the harness off my machine, and put on ring terminals to use the screw on connectors that the new bulbs had
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

i directly hooked a battery to both of the terminals on the light itself and nothing happened.

A little soapy water between the lamp and grommet may help too (with removal and re-installation).
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread