T20 HELP

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T20 HELP

T20 HELP

Does anyone know where to find a complete rebuild kit for a t20? I was trailing yesterday and was coming back to truck going down a paved road and i heard a pop in a curve and lost all braking and steering on right side a little 3" round tree was all that keep me from going off a atleast 200' cliff about died but I dont know what happen or what I need if its just a brake shoe or trans but if I have to tear it down I want to go ahead and do it all any help would be great cant find anything on these on web and everyone esle wants a arm and leg for a new one and if anyone could tell me what might have happen would be great thank you. And cant find threads on here most time please email me JAREDSTOUT101@GMAIL.COM THANK.

go to home/page on the site look top left side go to how to articles just below it click on how to article and choose transmissions. I beleive a few articles are there i rebuilt mine with the article http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...build-how.html

I have all the info on how to do it and my linkage is working just wanted to know if anyone knew what might have happen and part numbers for kit and a cheap place to find them.

Jared,

There are a few things that could have happened. Pull your shifter up and out of the right side of the transmission as a first step. I don't know if you have a Max or a different T-20 machine, but on a Max you should be able to take off the plate that holds the shifter down. If it's an older Attex or something comparable, you'll have to take off the snap ring underneath the shifter. Take the shift linkage off of the shifter and pull it out. It may take a little work and wiggling. You may want to try to use a little WD-40 or something to make it easier. Check to see if the shift-pin in the bottom of the shifter is broken off. A common occurance. If it is, it's a relatively easy and inexpensive fix. Try this first, and if it's not the issue, we'll dive a little deeper.

let us know how you make out.

~m

Its a max iv I can see the linkage moving on the trans and the pin in the bottom of the trans moving in and out of the trans but cant see pass that of course the right stick comes all the way back and will hit the seat there is usually about 2" gap when pulling them back. right before the accident i did hear a loud pop so hopefully its a pin I didnt know if the brake band might have snapped. it sucks cause ill have to pull the motor to get in there but thanks for the info any more info is appreciated.

The shifters aren't hooked up to your lateral (steering stick) linkage. The pin I'm referring to is located on the bottom of the diamond-shaped shifter, inside the transmission. The parts that you see moving in and out as you move the laterals are the plungers. The diamond shaped shifters are located on each side of the transmission, directly in-board of the drive sprockets. If you were just driving along and not really horsing anything, it's unlikely that you broke a band. Possible, but unlikely. Yank the right side diamond shifter and see if the pin on the bottom is broken off. You should be able to do it without pulling the engine.

We'll get to the bottom of this yet...
    ~m

Ok sorry I dont know alot about these things only owned it for about 4 months and have only had to do maintenance and change a belt. I was trying to turn to the right going Farley fast on pavement but I will check that out I know what your talking about on the diamond shifter on side but didnt look at that thanks.

I just re-read that your lateral is moving quite a bit further back than normal. If you were trying to turn on pavement (and going fast), it's possible that a band did let go. Not THAT difficult of a fix from a technical standpoint, just a bit labor intensive. You may want to try to yank the transmission. On the Max IV (as you already know) it's difficult to work on the transmission with it in the machine. It'll be tough to get decent access to the parts with it installed.

Look on the bright side; this is a GREAT opportunity to learn more about your machine and it's innerworkings!
    ~m

a loud pop and a lot of movement in the stick sounds like a broken band to me. recreative will be your only option to buy a new one. i posted all the seal and o-ring #'s in this thread http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...ld-prices.html or you can get the complete seal kit from recreative while you are ordering the new band. there # is 1-800-255-2511. ask for Jay in parts.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks guys I'll check it out when i get to work on it I'll let you know thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread